Refrigerator/cooler Rotterdam cabins

ottahand7

We are booked in an AA Veranda cabin.  I have read on this site that the Rotterdam has cabins without refrigerator/coolers.  I need to have medication kept chilled.  How can I determine if there is a refrigerator in the cabin.    Has anyone ordered one and does it take up a lot of space or does it go in the cabinetry where a minibar might be?     It won't be a hassle to go to the clinic to keep the medication because it is weekly but I would like to know before boarding. 

Another Rotterdam question - are there generous outlets as on the KD, OD, ND?   Many thanks! 

1 minute ago, ottahand7 said:

We are booked in an AA Veranda cabin.  I have read on this site that the Rotterdam has cabins without refrigerator/coolers.  I need to have medication kept chilled.  How can I determine if there is a refrigerator in the cabin.    Has anyone ordered one and does it take up a lot of space or does it go in the cabinetry where a minibar might be?     It won't be a hassle to go to the clinic to keep the medication because it is weekly but I would like to know before boarding. 

Another Rotterdam question - are there generous outlets as on the KD, OD, ND?   Many thanks! 

Verandah cabins automatically have a fridge/cooler on this ship.  It is already in place.

The question is how cold is the temperature  that your medication needs to be kept at?  for many it is recommended that you store them in the fridge at medical clinic.

The outlets on the Rotterdam are not as generous as on the KD for sure.

1 hour ago, ottahand7 said:

The temperature of the minibar 43 degrees in the back and 46 degrees in the door as measured with my infrared thermometer two years ago.  You can also get a large ice bucket that your Room Steward can fill three times a day, if you ask.

Thank you Kazu and CrewNews for your speedy answers to my questions.  I have safely kept my meds in the kinda cold minibars on a 12 day and a 16 day so I will be fine as long as I have one.  I always keep an eye on the cooling as we progress on the trip.   We are looking forward to our 2 weeks on the Rotterdam!  

17 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Ships services and they are $2.00 per day

Denise😊

Thanks Denise and Kazu.  Our trip is 32 days, a long time for no fridge.  

Edited by mustgo
correction

9 hours ago, mustgo said:

Who does one contact on Holland to rent a refrigerator for  a lanai cabin on the Rotterdam?

If you use(d) a PCP, that person can put the fridge on order. That said, I booked a couple or three for the five rooms my family had, and with Explore4 (i.e. with SBP) not a one was used. One person arrived with some cheese and it was still there when we were packing up to go! So the floor space was wasted!

This doesn't apply to the OP of course. Only the question of the actual temperature of the COOLER (not properly a refrigerator).