question about packages

jaowel

I'm sorry if these questions seem redundant on this board. This will be our first time on NCL and I'm curious about the packages we received when we booked our cruise. There are quite a few families that have booked in our group so we given the UBP and SDP for 4 nights/2 people. These are both labeled "Affinity Group" in our booking.

1. I read that if the UBP is purchased, anyone under the age of 21 is required to purchase the Soda package. Do you know if that is the case if it was a perk given? I didn't see anything in our booking that required it, but I also don't want to be surprised with an additional charge once I get on the ship.

2. If my husband and I want our children to join us in the specialty restaurants a few nights, will they be required to order off the specialty menu or will they have a MDR menu available to order off of? It seems like I read on here that they can order off the MDR menu and not get charged. But maybe that is just the kids menu? They are 15 & 11, so they might want to be with their friends in the group that are going instead of mom & dad 😉

Thanks in advance! We appreciate all the feedback we can get!

If you get the UBP as a perk you are not required to purchase any more drink packages. That rule only applies if you purchase the UPB. That being said you may want to look at the soda packages and see if you kids drink enough to make them worth while.

2. You can't order off the MDR menu in a specialty restaurant except for the kids menu. If memory serves me that menu is 12 and under. If you plan on doing the specialty restaurants the meal packages are really a great deal, depending on how much they eat and what they like Cagneys can run well over $40.00. Last cruise our 10 and 12 DGD were with us and they are normally picky eaters but the definitely made good use of the Meal package.:classic_ohmy:

• Like 1

phillyguy31 has it pretty well covered there. You will not be required to purchase the soda package for you children, but are free to do so if you wish. It's pretty reasonably priced if they drink soda.

MDR menu ordering in Specialty Restaurants is only for children under 12. If they eat with you in the Specialty Dining restaurants, you can pay for their food a la carte or you can choose to purchase specialty dining packages for them.

• Like 1