Royal Caribbean Sale

IngFam

Hi Cruise Gurus,

Advice needed, we're wanting to book a RCCL cruise for next year (2020) and the current sale with 50% of 2nd passenger and up the $1200 OBC is certainly not what it seems, it really is just "click bait".  Someone has suggested that there may be an Australia Day sale which is a genuine sale similar to the boxing day sale that we missed out on.  Does anyone know if historically this is true.  

There's almost always a "sale." However, you have to assess whether there's anything appealing for you.

I wouldn't expect anything especially better for Australia Day. That said, prices can be modified due to demand/booking levels at any time so sometimes any particular sale will have some good deals.

Basically, just have to keep checking and book when you're happy with the deal.

8 hours ago, Esilef said:

I booked the $1000 aud ovation of the seas cruise departing on feb 22 2020 with this sale. It includes $150 usd per person in obc. I was happy with this 7 nighter.

I am sure that those prices will rise.

22 hours ago, IngFam said:

Hi Cruise Gurus,

Advice needed, we're wanting to book a RCCL cruise for next year (2020) and the current sale with 50% of 2nd passenger and up the $1200 OBC is certainly not what it seems, it really is just "click bait".  Someone has suggested that there may be an Australia Day sale which is a genuine sale similar to the boxing day sale that we missed out on.  Does anyone know if historically this is true.  

Royal Caribbeans sales are a hoax. There is no saving.

In America false sales are rampant.

In about the end of February to the start of March RC release their 2020-2021 schedule. You should find some good prices then.

If you want something special like a grand suite book it.

we just come back from the explorer in a grand suite which we paid $5000 for 2 people,we booked it when it was released.

Most people paid that for a standard balcony.

Edited by Chiliburn

13 hours ago, Esilef said:

I booked the $1000 aud ovation of the seas cruise departing on feb 22 2020 with this sale. It includes $150 usd per person in obc. I was happy with this 7 nighter.

We booked in December a grand suite for 2 for $5500 for 10 nights with $1400 onboard credit.

But that was voyager which is having a$100m refit in September.

Edited by Chiliburn

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Booking on first release is often the best prices, only rivalled by after final payment last minute sales (but then you run the risk of having no choices left for cabins)

Yes 3 months before departure,everyone who booked has to pay the final balance.

people back out and the cruise line says we need to fill the ship,they generally discount the remaining cabins.Not always but it’s usually happens.

And as you said,the more desirable cabins are gone,but it’s cheap and you are on a cruise.

In the new release I’m looking at a repositioning cruise,on the voyager,Sydney to Singapore,April 2021 ,grand suite.

35 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Yes 3 months before departure,everyone who booked has to pay the final balance.

people back out and the cruise line says we need to fill the ship,they generally discount the remaining cabins.Not always but it’s usually happens.

And as you said,the more desirable cabins are gone,but it’s cheap and you are on a cruise.

In the new release I’m looking at a repositioning cruise,on the voyager,Sydney to Singapore,April 2021 ,grand suite.

Good luck, snap it up if it looks half decent.