Birthday towel animals

krazykohns

I know NCL has packages for decorations, however I have seen some photos online where rooms have been decorated with a ton of towel animals as a way to say Happy Birthday. The posts and photos did not call out what they requested, if at all, for it to be done. So out of curiosity, does anyone know if this is a particular package or what top secret code word it is to request this to be done?  :classic_ninja::classic_laugh: We have two birthdays being celebrated, one of them actually while on the cruise, and it would be awesome to bombard the room with them (yes, we love the towel animals every day... don't judge). TIA 

I think that would require a very large monetary compensation amount for your room steward.  They don't have a ton of time to make the animals, some have complained when they didn't get one every night.  I don't think that is any part of any decoration package.  Are you sailing with friends and family? You can always steal theirs and incorporate them into the birthday cabin.

We cruise almost every year on our youngest child's birthday.  We started out purchasing the package every year, for the past few years we now bring our own decorations and decorate the room ourselves.   We have been lucky to have great cabin stewards over the years that always seem to add something special like a decorated towel cakes, special towel animals, a special happy birthday sign from them, etc.

• Thanks 1

On 1/16/2019 at 12:41 PM, krazykohns said:

I know NCL has packages for decorations, however I have seen some photos online where rooms have been decorated with a ton of towel animals as a way to say Happy Birthday. The posts and photos did not call out what they requested, if at all, for it to be done. So out of curiosity, does anyone know if this is a particular package or what top secret code word it is to request this to be done?  :classic_ninja::classic_laugh: We have two birthdays being celebrated, one of them actually while on the cruise, and it would be awesome to bombard the room with them (yes, we love the towel animals every day... don't judge). TIA 

I guess it would depend on what you consider a ton of towel animals.  How many are you thinking?

2 hours ago, WAHMto5 said:

We cruise almost every year on our youngest child's birthday.  We started out purchasing the package every year, for the past few years we now bring our own decorations and decorate the room ourselves.   We have been lucky to have great cabin stewards over the years that always seem to add something special like a decorated towel cakes, special towel animals, a special happy birthday sign from them, etc.

Thank you for the reply - I was thinking of bringing some of our own to add as well. Glad you've had a great group of stewards. 

Also, noticed you were on the Getaway in September from your signature - so were we (23rd sailing). Hope you had a good steward... we did not have such luck, so this last trip really makes us question how to ramp it up for the birthday cruise. 

We were actually on the one right after!  It actually wasn’t one of our best stewards, the two fall Escape trips before that were excellent. Here is a photo of one of them.  We also let them know ahead of time at dinner and they brought her a little cake for the table (free of charge) and sang to her. 

8B288482-81E0-47B7-AC49-28EC94451B9A.jpeg

• Like 1