Caribbean Princess category OC vs OF?

SetAnOpenCourse

Are there differences between oceanview OC and OF cabins, other than location?

Has anyone found an OF cabin to be noisy, considering the location under the theater?

Does either category include a bathtub, or are they all shower-only?

What categories offer bathtubs?

Thanks.  I found searching the boards for this info to be difficult, the section on reviews has too much to sift through, and the princess deck plan page freezes on me (to potentially find info about tubs/showers).  So, thanks for saving me some time.:classic_smile:

Edited by SetAnOpenCourse

Any more thoughts opinions on these categories, either in comparison or just comments about one of the categories?

Can anyone comment on whether the bow wave is visible from these cabins?  I enjoy seeing the water splashing out from the hull - it's one of the main reasons I choose this over an inside.

I would book the OC category as I wouldn't want to under the theater. There are shows that are loud and the crew has to rehearse, etc. The guest musicians have to rehearse with the Princess band. I wouldn't want to be under (or above) the theater. I have never sailed in either category so can't advise further but I can say that I have booked an OC cabin for a TA next November.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/18/2019 at 1:01 PM, SetAnOpenCourse said:

Are there differences between oceanview OC and OF cabins, other than location?

Has anyone found an OF cabin to be noisy, considering the location under the theater?

Does either category include a bathtub, or are they all shower-only?

What categories offer bathtubs?

Thanks.  I found searching the boards for this info to be difficult, the section on reviews has too much to sift through, and the princess deck plan page freezes on me (to potentially find info about tubs/showers).  So, thanks for saving me some time.:classic_smile:

The difference in OC/OF is location.

Shower only in all cabins except...........

Bathtubs in mini suites and suites.

12 minutes ago, Flowergirl56 said:

Is there any place to get a list of the categories?

We originally had a balcony cabin category DA but after upgrading to a mini suite we are now category MB. Does anyone know what that means?  TIA

You are in a different type of cabin.  To compare the general layouts of both cabins and their associated amenities, go to the deck plan for your ship on www.princess.com.  Click on your cabins and you will see the category name, square footage, layout, and - at the bottom of the screen - click on the amenities list for that category of cabin.  Often the only difference within categories is location.  Princess thinks more people desire mid-ship cabins and price them accordingly.  Another difference in the mini-suite designations that has been introduced in the last couple of years is 'club-class.'  The cabin layout is the same but the amenities are more extensive including an upgraded dining experience.

love OC behind the Art Gallery. So quiet. That said, I'm somehow OF Guaranteed on the 3/14/19 cruise with any reason cancel. Not sure 

Used to OC behind Art Gallery (#2 pick = P305)

Balconies on Caribe are larger (#1 pick = B2 or better)

Baja balconies barely fit 2 chairs 

Room sizes online seem to be accurate