VTcruising Is Living On The Edge Again: The LIVE Saga Continues (1/20/19)

vtcruising

24 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

vt - per chance do you, or anyone else, know what the 'egg substitute' is? Is this an egg like replacement or something which might (remote chance, I Am sure) be vegan in nature???

I don't know, Bo, but hopefully someone else here will know. Hope they will be able to accommodate you. Do they usually have a vegan egg substitute onboard?

Is your group getting excited to cruise the Edge? 🙂

42 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I don't know, Bo, but hopefully someone else here will know. Hope they will be able to accommodate you. Do they usually have a vegan egg substitute onboard?

vt - No, they do not, which is the reason when I saw the phrase on Bistro menu, I thought to ask just in case a surpize is waiting for me, positively, that is.. LOL

Thank you, bon appetite and bon voyage

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Some of them are, some are waiting until 45 days before! 

Me, I will be about 12 days before and fully engaged when arriving at PHL! LOL 

A very good friend whose first cruise ever will be on The Edge is after me to start planning our next sailing on either The Edge or The Apex... 2020.

We shall see. 

Bon voyage 

25 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

A very good friend whose first cruise ever will be on The Edge is after me to start planning our next sailing on either The Edge or The Apex... 2020.

We shall see. 

Bon voyage 

I have my dining reservations for my Edge cruise in 2020! 🙂

The newbies are going to be fun to bring on this ship - I would love to see their faces! I hope the Edenists are still there. 😉

8 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I have my dining reservations for my Edge cruise in 2020! 🙂

The newbies are going to be fun to bring on this ship - I would love to see their faces! I hope the Edenists are still there. 😉

vt -  It will be wonderment, to be sure...

After making sure that everyone understood the IV's are not as they may have experienced on other ships, every one of the 20 came back and said 'It does not matter' we want to experience the ship.

So, did not have to worry at all about anyone concerned with 'fake balcony' OR 'ocean view with window the comes down', etc...

I think there will be only seven or eight (7-8) of us who will enjoy, thoroughly, the Eden show, but I could be mistaken, but going for it..

We all will enjoy the food, which will be great. With the diverse palates in the group it will be interesting for sure.

We do not have our dining reservations yet, I will have to get on to them about it.. I Am nervous about that as it is important to the group with a few children in tow.

Thank you again and bon voyage

5 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

vt -  It will be wonderment, to be sure...

After making sure that everyone understood the IV's are not as they may have experienced on other ships, every one of the 20 came back and said 'It does not matter' we want to experience the ship.

So, did not have to worry at all about anyone concerned with 'fake balcony' OR 'ocean view with window the comes down', etc...

I think there will be only seven or eight (7-8) of us who will enjoy, thoroughly, the Eden show, but I could be mistaken, but going for it..

We all will enjoy the food, which will be great. With the diverse palates in the group it will be interesting for sure.

We do not have our dining reservations yet, I will have to get on to them about it.. I Am nervous about that as it is important to the group with a few children in tow.

Good idea to get ahead of the IV concept - I would bet several will like them and others won't, but being well-informed will keep their expectations realistic. I was very well-informed about the IVs and thought I wouldn't like them much, but did enjoy being in one much more than I thought. If I had been prepared for a traditional balcony, I would have wasted time on my cruise feeling like I didn't get what I expected. When we brought newbie relatives on a Med cruise on the Reflection, I tempered their expectations a bit about the ship, food and onboard activities. Though things weren't perfect, the cruise exceeded their expectations and we are planning another cruise together.

With a group of 22 on a new ship, I doubt your group will spend much time in their cabins anyway. It's good that interests will be diverse as it will be hard to keep all your ducklings in line all the time, but will be fun to all get together for some things. I had a friend on the last cruise who led 24 women in her group. They looked like they were having so much fun - I had to chuckle when I saw her like a mother duck (usually in the Grand Plaza having cocktails before dinner), gathering the group to move to the next place.🙂

You should all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

56 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Good idea to get ahead of the IV concept - I would bet several will like them and others won't, but being well-informed will keep their expectations realistic. I was very well-informed about the IVs and thought I wouldn't like them much, but did enjoy being in one much more than I thought. If I had been prepared for a traditional balcony, I would have wasted time on my cruise feeling like I didn't get what I expected. When we brought newbie relatives on a Med cruise on the Reflection, I tempered their expectations a bit about the ship, food and onboard activities. Though things weren't perfect, the cruise exceeded their expectations and we are planning another cruise together.

With a group of 22 on a new ship, I doubt your group will spend much time in their cabins anyway. It's good that interests will be diverse as it will be hard to keep all your ducklings in line all the time, but will be fun to all get together for some things. I had a friend on the last cruise who led 24 women in her group. They looked like they were having so much fun - I had to chuckle when I saw her like a mother duck (usually in the Grand Plaza having cocktails before dinner), gathering the group to move to the next place.🙂

You should all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

vt - Thanks for the input...

My strategy will be, first day corral everyone and give them the list of venues and re-confirm dining times...

Re-confirm drinking times, show times and venues where people may want to hang out...

Make sure they have the first days Daily so they can get an idea of what is what...

Have an embarkation day lunch, some want to do OVC a few do not, so will recommend Grand Bistro....

Then try to arrange something for sail away and then back to cabin for a crash nap before dinner...

Sounds like a great plan, so far! LOL

2 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

My strategy will be, first day corral everyone and give them the list of venues and re-confirm dining times...

Re-confirm drinking times, show times and venues where people may want to hang out...

Make sure they have the first days Daily so they can get an idea of what is what...

Have an embarkation day lunch, some want to do OVC a few do not, so will recommend Grand Bistro....

Then try to arrange something for sail away and then back to cabin for a crash nap before dinner...

And I thought my cruise spreadsheet was full... They are lucky to have you!

10 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

We shall see. 

Bon voyage 

I hope you and your friend have a wonderful cruise on the Edge!

If you do decide to book Apex for 2020, we hope to meet you on board. 😊

1 minute ago, C-Dragons said:

I hope you and your friend have a wonderful cruise on the Edge!

If you do decide to book Apex for 2020, we hope to meet you on board. 😊

c - Yes, I welcome the opportunity to do so...

We will, I Am sure.

Which The Apex sailing are you on?

bon voyage

14 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

And I thought my cruise spreadsheet was full... They are lucky to have you!

LOL, yes they are...

I have arranged for the flights - Check

I have arranged for airport parking in PHL for six (6) autos - Check

I have arranged for the hotel in FLL - Check

I have arranged dining times - In progress

Putting together a spread sheet for things to do in each port - In progress

Putting together my down/private time - In progress...

LOL

bon voyage

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Wow, that's amazing, you have far greater stamina than me... I got tired just reading your plan!  😁

We're booked B2B on the Nov. 7th and 14th sailings.

I will advance the 14th as a potential sailing..

They have a four (4) year old and was on-board when they found out about the Kids Camp At Sea...

Not sure if she will like it or not, but they are going for it...

Thank you and bon voyage

Wow, that's amazing, you have far greater stamina than me... I got tired just reading your plan!  😁

LOL - it was/is not too taxing at all...

A few minutes here and few minutes there and it is done.

Seems like dining times are the most difficult to get together between the TA and X.. I may have to intervene directly so we are not disappointed.

bon voyage

17 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

I will advance the 14th as a potential sailing..

They have a four (4) year old and was on-board when they found out about the Kids Camp At Sea...

Not sure if she will like it or not, but they are going for it...

Thank you and bon voyage

Our granddaughter sailed with us years ago when she was 4 years old. She had a wonderful time. The staff treated her like royalty. Everywhere she went they called her “Principessa”. I hope your friend's family have a similar experience.

Edited by C-Dragons

Just now, C-Dragons said:

Our granddaughter sailed with us years ago when she was 4 years old. She had a wonderful time. The staff treated her like royalty. Everywhere she went they called her “Principessa”. I hope your friend's family had a similar experience.

I Am sure she will, LOL - as she almost always places herself in a position where it cannot happen that way!

With the Camp, this will give the parents some downtime to enjoy the sailing to some degree...

Thank you for the input.

bon voyage

12 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

LOL - it was/is not too taxing at all...

A few minutes here and few minutes there and it is done.

Seems like dining times are the most difficult to get together between the TA and X.. I may have to intervene directly so we are not disappointed.

bon voyage

That's probably the best course of action. 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

LOL, yes they are...

I have arranged for the flights - Check

I have arranged for airport parking in PHL for six (6) autos - Check

I have arranged for the hotel in FLL - Check

I have arranged dining times - In progress

Putting together a spread sheet for things to do in each port - In progress

Putting together my down/private time - In progress...

LOL

bon voyage

Your group members are quite lucky to have you as their guide.  EDGE  is a diff ship  in some aspects so some may drift off on their own.. But with your planning ahead  they will  have a good  start!   

Btw..the photographers on board were great and  may be happy to do some nice group shots!

Keep us Posted!

10 minutes ago, hcat said:

Your group members are quite lucky to have you as their guide.  EDGE  is a diff ship  in some aspects so some may drift off on their own.. But with your planning ahead  they will  have a good  start!   

Btw..the photographers on board were great and  may be happy to do some nice group shots!

Keep us Posted!

h - That is a great idea!

Never crossed my mind, as we usually do not do the photo thing, but seeing that this is a special voyage for all involved, it would be a nice memento, to be sure...

Yes, I want them to drift off, as I plan to... then we come back to dinner to compare notes and thoughts...

bon voyage

4 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

h - That is a great idea!

Never crossed my mind, as we usually do not do the photo thing, but seeing that this is a special voyage for all involved, it would be a nice memento, to be sure...

Yes, I want them to drift off, as I plan to... then we come back to dinner to compare notes and thoughts...

bon voyage

Everything photo is digital..amazing what they can do.... very accomodating.... the best photo team was sent to EDGE!

Hope it will be a Life's Journey for All!

9 minutes ago, hcat said:

Everything photo is digital..amazing what they can do.... very accommodating.... the best photo team was sent to EDGE!

Hope it will be a Life's Journey for All!

Oh, it will be, it definitely will be...

Thank you and bon voyage