NCL Ocean Blue

Judes95

Hi all,

Does anyone know if Ocean Blue on NCL Getaway is seafood only??  I called NCL 3x and nobody can answer.  I did found out an adult

is not allowed to order off the childrens menu.  You have to pay a 12.00 fee upfront that won't be refunded...I was told.

Thanks so much for any help,

Judy

33 minutes ago, Judes95 said:

Hi all,

Does anyone know if Ocean Blue on NCL Getaway is seafood only??  I called NCL 3x and nobody can answer.  I did found out an adult

is not allowed to order off the childrens menu.  You have to pay a 12.00 fee upfront that won't be refunded...I was told.

Judy

You can get a steak. 

Post #84 on the link below has the Getaway Ocean Blue menu. Other menus from the Getaway are on this thread. 

DO NOT randomly google menus since the Ocean Blue menu varies significantly between ships. 

5 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You can get a steak. 

Post #84 on the link below has the Getaway Ocean Blue menu. Other menus from the Getaway are on this thread. 

DO NOT randomly google menus since the Ocean Blue menu varies significantly between ships. 

Is that the new menu? Or the old?

38 minutes ago, Judes95 said:

Hi all,

Judy

What is the 12 dollar fee for? Since it's ala carte, the non-seafooding adult could maybe get some apps? As for the menu you can check out Bird's post above as well as this site: https://eatsleepcruise.com/2017/03/norwegian-getaway-restaurant-menus/

This should be the current Ocean Blue dinner menu on the Getaway: DSC02558-Copy.jpg

I actually have a similar quandary, as I want to eat here with a vegetarian, but NCL told me that she wouldn't be allowed to order ala carte because it would use up her SDP credit instead.

4 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

$12 is the upcharge for using your SDP at Ocean Blue ($10+20% tip). The menu is from a few months back (just prior to the MDR updates).  The “New”est Ocean Blue menu is from the Bliss which is totally different. 

Are they still planning on rolling out the new Ocean Blue menu fleet-wide? I really hope the old menu sticks around at least until April (when I'll be on the Getaway).

24 minutes ago, tomservo said:

What is the 12 dollar fee for? Since it's ala carte, the non-seafooding adult could maybe get some apps? As for the menu you can check out Bird's post above as well as this site: https://eatsleepcruise.com/2017/03/norwegian-getaway-restaurant-menus/

This should be the current Ocean Blue dinner menu on the Getaway: DSC02558-Copy.jpg

I actually have a similar quandary, as I want to eat here with a vegetarian, but NCL told me that she wouldn't be allowed to order ala carte because it would use up her SDP credit instead.

This seems very odd to me. Whenever we've had the SDP, we're always asked when we arrive at the restaurant (before even being seated) whether we want to use our SDP or just pay. I can't see why she couldn't simply opt not to use the SDP for that meal.

And the steak there is fantastic, BTW, as is pretty much everything else.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, PaulInPGH said:

This seems very odd to me. Whenever we've had the SDP, we're always asked when we arrive at the restaurant (before even being seated) whether we want to use our SDP or just pay. I can't see why she couldn't simply opt not to use the SDP for that meal.

And the steak there is fantastic, BTW, as is pretty much everything else.

Cheers.

That's good to know, thanks. The info I got was from the pre-cruise concierge.