Sending a private message

I used to be able to send private messages to others on my roll call. For example, if I wanted to send them my email address or share details of an excursion we were going on.

Now when I try to do this, by clicking on the persons user name then clicking on the message symbol it tells me I can send 0 messages today, try again later.

Can anyone help me to get round this please?

I am still struggling to cope with the lack of App accessibility from my iPad. I used to really like CruiseCritic, now, not so much.

Thanks for any help

Hmm, I know I used to be able to do it.

Just a bit shy of putting info into post, but I see other people doing it.

if I click on your name, Essiesmom, there is a list of info about you plus above it an envelope symbol that should be the way to send a PM. 

I just wish it was active...

Thanks for replying

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

Sending a private message has not been enabled on Cruise Critic. Not before the software switch and not after the switch. You were not able to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oops! Must have confused it with another forum.

Thanks for clarifying.

Just now, Globaliser said:

Not on CC. It's been disabled for almost all, if not all, of the time that I've been a member - which is a pretty long time now.

Ok, I will move on and just post my details on the thread.

thanks to everyone who replied.

1 minute ago, Kristal Blade said:

Ok, I will move on and just post my details on the thread.

You're right to want to try to protect your email address. One technique that I've used before is to set up a single-purpose email address that only relates to that cruise. It's safer to post that than to post your primary or normal email address. After the cruise, you can just throw away that account. If there's anyone who you want to give your "real" email address to, you can do that once you've got to know them, either using the single-purpose email address (so that you're still not posting the "real" email address publicly), or in person.

1 minute ago, Globaliser said:

You're right to want to try to protect your email address. One technique that I've used before is to set up a single-purpose email address that only relates to that cruise. It's safer to post that than to post your primary or normal email address. After the cruise, you can just throw away that account. If there's anyone who you want to give your "real" email address to, you can do that once you've got to know them, either using the single-purpose email address (so that you're still not posting the "real" email address publicly), or in person.

Good advice.  Thanks