Princess Internet Packages

Karlzmom

I will need internet access to class streaming while on our upcoming cruise.  In looking at the various package options on the Princess site I can't tell the difference between them or determine which package makes the most sense.  I see the premium and surf packages don't list minutes of usage, are they unlimited?  What are the primary differences between the social, surf and premium packages?  Can the internet be used in the cabin or at other ship locations or only in the internet area?

I really appreciate any help you might be able to give as I can't make a mistake on this.

7 minutes ago, skynight said:

If you go to page 17 of the below Emerald Princess live you can see what each package includes. The almost unlimited packages are the 3 shown on the bottom of the page.

And therein lies the problem.  The packages offered are in minutes of the same service. My most recent experience on the Emerald in October and November found that the service was adequate for my purposes of pulling emails.  Streaming, I believe, requires additional bandwidth that is not currently available on this ship.

Based on our experience earlier this month on Emerald to Hawaii, I would not count on any usable internet service. Streaming would have been out of the question. Most sea days couldn’t do anything. Checking email was a challenge and open any website impossible.