O'Sheehan's food quality?

mwolever

10 hours ago, mainepaddler said:

We've been on the Dawn the last three years and have found that the O'Sheeans food has been consistent. We love the Thai Chili wings. Everything else is as bad as food you'd get at Chili's or Fridays. The service has been slow and forgetful. The bartenders are great. 

have to agree about comparing to chili's or Friday's. That is exactly how I feel. Great for a nice, tummy filling lunch or even breakfast, not for a night on the town like a 3 or 4 star dinner. As for only getting 2 pieces of fish with the fish and chips, everyone who wants more should ask for 3 pieces when ordering. Service wise we don't expect it to be great, so we only go there when we are not in a huge hurry. 

On 1/26/2019 at 6:57 AM, Markanddonna said:

We found our three experiences on the Jade this past April were really disappointing. Appetizers were tasteless and the corned beef hash breakfast was dry. We enjoyed the O'sheehans on the Star, Jewel and Getaway

thank you for your input!

I am just off of the Breakaway, and found O'Sheehans was fine for what I tried.  My wife and I ate the express breakfast and it was quick and good.  The wings were good, the Rueben was good, and while we didn't try any of the specials, they had a special every night.  It is pub food, not fine dining.

We always avoid O'Sheehans, so I haven't noticed.  I've always 'thought the servers are scheduled there as punishment, the food is mediocre, and found nothing to eat there since they got rid of the chicken pot pie.  After a visit there, typically after too many cocktails, I'm in a shame spiral for at least a day.

On 1/25/2019 at 9:12 AM, mwolever said:

Hi guys,

I first went on the Getaway back in 2015 and O'Sheehan's was a pretty solid food choice. I've been on the Getaway once more and the Escape twice, and sailing Getaway next week. I've noticed a SERIOUS decline in taste and quality in O'Sheehan's. Is that still the case? Anyone else noticed this??

We just got off the Dawn,  O'Sheehans food was subpar, Odd because a few months ago we were on the breakaway and O'Sheehans  was great.

I am not looking for O'Sheehan's to be GOOD or GREAT; I realize what it is and enjoy that. But it was actually BAD the last few times. Watery dip and stale chips. I appreciate everyone's input, because it changes so often.