Price protection form

stargazer78

Hi

Yes. You have to submit for each request. That's why you also need to check regularly to see if the price has dropped. Make sure you also get a screen shot of the price drop when you see it. If the price goes back up before you have submitted, you will need it as proof.  

29 minutes ago, swimducky21 said:

When you see a drop, are you doing a mock booking or what? I purchased through Costco, but they said if I see a price drop on Carnival I can just call them. I'm just not sure what to look for.

I do mock bookings every so often. Did them today.

1 hour ago, swimducky21 said:

When you see a drop, are you doing a mock booking or what? I purchased through Costco, but they said if I see a price drop on Carnival I can just call them. I'm just not sure what to look for.

Hi

Yes. That is the only way you would know the price has dropped. Remember, it is the total price after port fees (port fees can go up and down as well) are counted. Don't forget, if you originally had a promotion that included an OBC, you would lose that if it wasn't still offered. When you book with a 3rd. party, they need to submit the request for you (Carnival will not deal with you directly).

14 minutes ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi

Yes. That is the only way you would know the price has dropped. Remember, it is the total price after port fees (port fees can go up and down as well) are counted. Don't forget, if you originally had a promotion that included an OBC, you would lose that if it wasn't still offered. When you book with a 3rd. party, they need to submit the request for you (Carnival will not deal with you directly).

Costco told me they would deal with everything, I would just need to notify Costco if I see a price difference.

Thank you!

11 hours ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi

What we see is the change in total price, but the actual change can be different. I have called 3 times since the deposit paid on 12/22 for price adjustments. The first time was just $40 drop per cabin. The second time I found $60 to $80 drop, but it turned out to be $100 drop per cabin as the new price included a $10 increase in fee/tax. They lowered my cabin cost by $100 per cabin without changing the tax/fee. Then I got another $100 per cabin saving in the evening before the final payment due. I did not fill any form at all. I chat with them the first time and they told me to call and they would take care of that.  By the way, each adjustment would be updated with the current offer. My Costco cash card offer went down $60 but I ended up paying around $500 less.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, stargazer78 said:

My booking has gone down $6pp (I know not much) but the current promotion also includes $50 OBC. If I submit a ppf will they give me the current OBC promotion as well as the rate drop?

I believe so.  Just be sure the new rate allows you to keep your cabin, and doesn't appy only to "guaranteed" cabins.

4 hours ago, bury me at sea said:

I believe so.  Just be sure the new rate allows you to keep your cabin, and doesn't appy only to "guaranteed" cabins.

Thanks. They already processed it, super fast. I have the same stateroom. Didn't save much but it was worth it for the OBC. I will continue to look for drops etc. I still have 305 days til cruise.