NextCruise Certificates - RCCL

IngFam

Has anyone booked a NextCruise certificate whilst on a cruise?   I booked one and am now wanting to use to book my next RCCL cruise.   I've phoned seriously not exaggerating 6 times and emailed numerous times and not one single Royal Caribbean staff member can give me an answer.  So surely one of you lovely cruisers has had this come up before.

In the terms & conditions of the letter it says "Up to two other bookings can receive the same onboard credit as you do.  They must book the same ship and sail date as you do and within 30 days of you confirming your chosen ship and sail date."

So from how I read it if I book a room I get OBC and I'm also travelling with a group and so two other staterooms in my group will receive the same OBC as me.  Tell me if this is how you understand it, because no one from RCCL has ever heard of this before yet it's in THEIR Terms & Conditions.  I've even taken a photo of it and emailed them.  Seriously crazy, there is no one in Australia they're all in an offshore call centre and it's doing my head it.  

The other question I asked them was if I book direct with RCCL and my friends book with a different travel agency can they still get the credit if I give RCCL their confirmation numbers when booked.  They can't give me an answer on that either.

Getting so frustrated!!!!!!

Typical !!!   Never used it recently, but understand it correct as you have described...  Straight answers never come easy from call centre...  However, would advise to minimise future problems, it would be better to do the 3 the bookings at the same time, with the same RCI rep.. 

You could all put a 24 hour hold on reservations first.

S and P

Years ago I bought a Next Cruise Certificate from RCCL. After being given excuses why I couldn't use it for 2 cruises; I insisted on being allowed to use it on my last cruise. After several phone calls & emails from me, the Aussie office finally agreed accept it but said I couldn't have the promised OBC of US$150. When I emailed the CEO in US to complain, I received a phone call giving me the OBC. I would never recommending buying these certificates from RCCL or Celebrity unlike Princess which is great with their certificates.

Interestingly we were upgraded from a guaranteed balcony to a Superior Grand Suite on this cruise - maybe a coincidence?

Brian   

After 3 weeks of trying to sort this out with daily calls and emails I've given up and booked without using the certificates.  Never again will I bother purchasing and we purchased 2 for 2 staterooms.  Total joke everyone gave us a different answer and they'd never even heard of the onboard credit for other rooms travelling in the same group even though it clearly stated on their terms and conditions.  Maybe I should try and email the CEO too 🙂 I feel like I've spoken to everyone else there.

I have both celebrity and RCCL 1 of each.   In the past have used them and yes the friends travelling with us got the OBC too.  Last time I used one was about 6 years ago. 

I have found some TA wouldn't accept them and those that would charged more for the cruise anyway.  Direct with the line was also more expensive hence my reason I haven't used them recently.

Hi Brian hope you both well and still enjoying your travels.  We loved our gate 1 river cruise.  Planning to do again in a couple of years.  This year is yokohama to Vancouver with alaska and a wedding later in the year which is taking up cruise funds.

38 minutes ago, Tara Jane said:

....Hi Brian hope you both well and still enjoying your travels.  We loved our gate 1 river cruise.  Planning to do again in a couple of years.  This year is yokohama to Vancouver with alaska and a wedding later in the year which is taking up cruise funds.

Tara Jane, great to hear from you and thanks for the wishes. We're off on the 24th for a 10 week holiday which includes B2B cruises totalling 48 nights - see signature below. Have a great cruise - we hope to do this one someday. Brian

We have used these in the past with no issues, although we never had the situation to have others receive the benefits also. It seems a very generous offer, based on the wording you quoted, and interpreting it as you do.

In fact we purchased 3 FCC's on a cruise ahead of our B2B2B cruises in 2014, and used them for those cruises. Our travelling companions did the same, but we never tried to 'combine' with them re OBC. We just had to fill a form for the TA to use for us - the certs acted as our deposits & we got OBC on each cruise.

With the changes to how these now work, we have not purchased any since that time.

I have never experienced a problem with RC call centre, but maybe I'm lucky 🙂