Up to 20% off - specialty dining trio

Alex81

I just received an email from Celebrity for our upcoming TA. It says:  Web only - super sale up to 20% off on either:

1-Select Shore excursions (we don’t care)

2- Specialty dining trio package

It’s the first time we are not booked in either AQ or Suites.  We are not big fan of eating at the main dining room. We find it too crowded and busy. We would rather eat at the Oceanview buffet when it get gets quieter. So as you can see, we are not fancy. The best solution would be to go in specialty restaurant so it’s quieter. We have tried them all already.  Our favorite is the lawn for its relaxed ambiance. We won’t go back to Qsine/la petit chef. Tuscan grill is fine. We might go back to Murano but we find it a little over the top. My question is should we buy a dining package now or on board. Because I remember on some previous cruises that they would

discount some restaurant when they need to fill them up.

So back to the email I received. Should I book that trio package that includes:

1 launch and 2 dinners for 134 CAD ?

Then once on board, book restaurant when they offer discounts?!?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Alex

35 minutes ago, Alex81 said:

I just received an email from Celebrity for our upcoming TA. It says:  Web only - super sale up to 20% off on either:

1-Select Shore excursions (we don’t care)

2- Specialty dining trio package

It’s the first time we are not booked in either AQ or Suites.  We are not big fan of eating at the main dining room. We find it too crowded and busy. We would rather eat at the Oceanview buffet when it get gets quieter. So as you can see, we are not fancy. The best solution would be to go in specialty restaurant so it’s quieter. We have tried them all already.  Our favorite is the lawn for its relaxed ambiance. We won’t go back to Qsine/la petit chef. Tuscan grill is fine. We might go back to Murano but we find it a little over the top. My question is should we buy a dining package now or on board. Because I remember on some previous cruises that they would

discount some restaurant when they need to fill them up.

So back to the email I received. Should I book that trio package that includes:

1 launch and 2 dinners for 134 CAD ?

Then once on board, book restaurant when they offer discounts?!?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Alex

You might be able to swing a better deal on board as the ships are finding it increasingly difficult to sell specialty dining at full price. As such, I don’t see the dining trio as a good deal under the sale currently going on.

The other option you might want to look at is 4 dinners at USD$149 per person. If you like specialty dining, it’s actually a better deal than the 3 dinner package at USD$129 per person. As a fellow Canadian, that exchange rate from US Dollar to Canadian dollar is going to sting, but, you’re on vacation.

If you choose to negotiate on board, just remember, you need to negotiate each restaurant to average $37 to beat the 4 dinner package price currently being offered. I would be tempted to take the current package price.

Randy

I believe if you buy the package you can't book the times until you get on the ship.  For people that are posting about their Edge cruise, the available times once they got on the ship were really late or sometimes nothing available in the preferred restaurant.