Nieuw Amsterdam March to Mexico from San Diego?

Bookishcruiser

Hi all, 

DH and I are considering a date in March for this cruise. While HAL trends older,  I am a bit worried we will be surrounded by young spring breakers.  Does anyone have experience that they can share?  We are all in for fun but a bit over 24-7 partying. 

Many thanks. 

Go & have a great  time . We are doing the koningsdam cruise 10 night southern Caribbean March 17th & not concerned one bit :classic_biggrin: We Mexican riviera cruise  we did again Dec 2018  on Eurodam ; which was probably over 20 cruises to these Mexican riviera ports ;because the port of SD  is a 40 minute drive for us 

11 hours ago, Bookishcruiser said:

Hi all, 

DH and I are considering a date in March for this cruise. While HAL trends older,  I am a bit worried we will be surrounded by young spring breakers.  Does anyone have experience that they can share?  We are all in for fun but a bit over 24-7 partying. 

Many thanks. 

SDSU spring break is the first week of April.

UCSD spring break is the last week of March.

USD spring break is the first week of March (USD is not as large as the first two universities)

igraf

3 hours ago, CATandSQUID said:

Spring breakers cannot afford HAL.

Out of all the cruise lHAL was the cheapest by thousands for that time, we had looked at carnival and princess Royal Caribbean and Disney. Not just out of San Diego and none of them came close to HALs price. We are paying $2700 Canadian for 4 in an ocean view with the explore 4 package none of the others were under $4000 without the drink package. We found the same thing last Easter too.. It was even cheaper then a 2 star Mexican all inclusive too 

Edited by Jareds_mommytoo

On 2/1/2019 at 10:23 PM, Bookishcruiser said:

Hi all, 

Many thanks. 

We are actually on a cruise on Nieuw Amsterdam in March....I initially was worried about the "spring breakers"  but after I thought about it .....may liven things up a little!!  Don't think the younger crowd would pick HAL..... could be wrong...

On 2/1/2019 at 11:27 PM, Jareds_mommytoo said:

We were on a cruise during Easter so a school break, there were more the mature crowd and families, not really collage spring break party going on. We are going on this cruise March 24 th

Have you signed up for meet and greet?  We are on that cruise!

5 minutes ago, katfer said:

Have you signed up for meet and greet?  We are on that cruise!

I haven’t seen any meet and greets,  but I did create a rollcall. We are going to be with our 2 teens, my nephew is joining up to and on our last Disney cruise we meet a wonderful young man from New York him and his family are hoping to join us too. 

So glad you did that!  When do yo get into San Diego?  Having a good time planning excursions!

47 minutes ago, Jareds_mommytoo said:

I haven’t seen any meet and greets,  but I did create a rollcall. We are going to be with our 2 teens, my nephew is joining up to and on our last Disney cruise we meet a wonderful young man from New York him and his family are hoping to join us too. 

2 hours ago, katfer said:

We are actually on a cruise on Nieuw Amsterdam in March....I initially was worried about the "spring breakers"  but after I thought about it .....may liven things up a little!!  Don't think the younger crowd would pick HAL..... could be wrong...

There was a variety of ages represented on our recent Eurodam cruise to Mexico.  Definitely not just the usual older HAL crowd.  This particular cruise definitely appeals to a broad range of passengers.

On the other hand, the party crowd will probably prefer to fly down to Cabo.

igraf