Are WiFi deals offered once onboard?

flowergirl22

I reviewed my Freestyle Dailies from December and noticed that on the first day they offered a discount if you wanted to connect two devices. Other than that I did not notice any specials with the unlimited plans.

You have cruised before on NCL ?

Is your present booking including any promos perks OBC etc. and free internet time ?

You can take the credits from those perks and upgrade your internet service on board.

If you have the 250 minutes free perk - that is worth about $125 credit applied to one of three programs LINK:

https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/internet-packages

Remember, cruises of 13 days or more are already given a discount on WiFi. I wouldn't expect anymore savings. I booked the unlimited for our 15 day cruise next month. Been hearing that the premium plan isn't worth it as it's not fast enough to stream anyhow ..... Maybe if you need VPN for work ........ Save a bit of money otherwise. 

12 hours ago, flowergirl22 said:

I want the premium, unlimited WiFi service for my 14 night Escape cruise which cost $357 if I purchase before boarding.   Does anyone know if Onboard specials are ever offered for this?

We have not seen any. There are small non-changing discounts for booking online prior to your cruise. 

Last month on Escape's 14 days W. Carib route, onboard prices were $30 a day for premium, unlimited w. streaming & VPN supported, and $25 a day for unlimited otherwise.  OBC can be used to offset and you have up to 10 p.m. of day 4 to upgrade/purchase/convert if you have a 250 minute promote (basic) package, as already noted - get a $125 credit ... (Platinium 30/60 or other small packages had zero upgrade value or credits.)  

Those w. other (i.e. TA-issued) non-refundable OBC or even stockholder's OBC can be used to offset the upcharge, making it less "expensive" as all the charges are debited/credited via one's OnBoard account ... which you cannot do ahead with online purchase. 

Otherwise, there're zero onboard promotion or discounts during our 14 days from the iCafe, no flyers or inserts, and, the Final Sea Day "disembarkation" small package special of 30 minutes for $20 wasn't even "advertised" - you only see it when logged into the digitalseas.io URL - as an option.

Typical d/l and u/l speed were pretty good, not fast like cable ISP or Fios at home, since latency is very high & compression/cache are done, dynamically shared & throttled - especially on sea days & surge in usage, if streaming content is a consideration ...  From what I understand, there really isn't any difference with "raw" speed results between basic, premium & VPN-streaming plans.  For better odds in speed, dual-band 5 Ghz devices on "ac" standards appeared to get good results when connected to the Cisco/Lenovo hardware onboard.