Thrifty Couple Celebrity Edge Review Jan 27th to Feb 3

cgolf1

On 2/3/2019 at 9:42 PM, cgolf1 said:

So if you look at the deck plan, some sky suites have a hallway off the main hallway that a majority of the rooms open up from. The more square shaped inside rooms share this hallway. The top picture is the view from the main hallway after we used our keycard to get in the door, the door with happy Birthday is the sky suite. Our door was on the left in a 2 to 3 foot hallway. 

Hope this describes it good enough, tough to write out. 

Was there any noise issues with the outer door and the cabin being along side the passage way walk or other noise issues for cabin location?

On 7/8/2019 at 6:27 PM, shakeNbake said:

Was there any noise issues with the outer door and the cabin being along side the passage way walk or other noise issues for cabin location?

Op here as my alter ego;)

This setup was very quiet, perhaps the quietest room we have ever had. I will say we were very careful about letting either our room door and the outer door not slam shut, and the people in the sky suite did the same. So if people were careless and let those doors slam, I am not sure how loud it would be, but would assume it isn't any worse than a standard room.

Edited by cgolf2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/4/2019 at 9:22 PM, cgolf1 said:

Sail Out!

We started leaving about 15 minutes early and I was on the phone down on deck 5. I very quickly found out how out of shape I was as I ran up the steps to deck 14 to meet my wife out on the Magic Carpet. 

Sail out out on the Magic Carpet was really awesome:). It was a really unique experience and made me forget that we didn’t have access to a forward facing view. 

BA3EAFE0-8297-4A2A-BD87-19AC8FD8D061.jpeg

4328FE6E-7E03-488A-90EC-DC0398EFC3DC.jpeg

Really enjoyed your review.  We just booked this ship and itinerary today for January!  Never sailed on the Edge before, but have sailed X before.  Is there a line to get on the magic carpet?  Don't really know much about it...yet!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2019 at 10:58 PM, NBliving said:

Really enjoyed your review.  We just booked this ship and itinerary today for January!  Never sailed on the Edge before, but have sailed X before.  Is there a line to get on the magic carpet?  Don't really know much about it...yet!

Just caught this. There were two times it was really packed, standing room only. Initial sail out and the sail out of Puerto Rico at night.Other than that when we were on, I would guess the majority of the time we could find a spot. Enjoy your trip!

• 6 months later...
On 2/3/2019 at 9:50 PM, cgolf1 said:

The best advice I can pass on, is to ask when you board. It all depends on how many cabins are available. The price will fluctuate based on availability. 

We have done everything from concierge verandas on Disney to inside rooms. Realistically all ship staterooms could be viewed as claustrophobic. The big difference we see between an ocean view or veranda and an inside room is no sunlight to wake you up in an inside room. 

Also think about how much time you plan on spending in the room. If it is a lot, then a bigger room might be better. If the room won’t be used for much more than sleeping than an inside might be a better and cheaper option 

when we have been in an inside room - we use the shipcam tv channel as our "sunrise".  At night it's dark so it doesn't disturb you - and then when you wake up it's light out 🙂