CPAP MACHINE

kenholt

Good day all, i am sailing on the seaside in spet 2019, From my research there is no outlets next to the beds. SO please tell me how does thoses who have  to sleep with a CPAP, where do you plug it up. and where do you plug it up? 

There is a plug on the desk and hubby uses those strong hook magnets and puts them on the ceiling to keep the extension cord off the floor. Leaves it that way for the trip. Tip, put your water reservoir away during the day. Once the steward knocked the unit off and it shorted out. 

If you submit a request for an extension cord and distilled water via MSC's Special Needs form they may provide them. I say "may" because they ignored my first two submittals then finally replied with a "no, bring your own (including distilled water)" after my third request. So I packed an extension cord (no way was I going to carry a jug of distilled water), but when we got to the cabin they were both already there, just had to ask that the cabin attendant (butler actually) to tape the cord to the floor. Our cabin was in the YC so that may have been a consideration on MSC's part.

Most cruise lines prohibit extension cords in their "do not pack list" so they usually will provide CPAP cords and water without question (Princess was another one that told me to bring my own but they prohibit them in their do not pack list)). Funny how what is safe for one cruise line is considered dangerous on others; surge protectors come to mind. One would think that what is dangerous for one line would be dangerous for all. I guess it all depends on who had the latest fire or other incidents with some of the prohibited items.

29 minutes ago, Cruisergal1208 said:

Hubby packs his extension cord and a small bottle of distilled water in his CPAP bag.  Never been a problem going through security at ship.  We have requested in the past for cord and water and used what they provided.

Where do you find small bottles of distilled water?  Our stores only sell gallons.

33 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Where do you find small bottles of distilled water?  Our stores only sell gallons.

He uses an empty plastic bottle that is less than a full liter.  Can't remember the exact size, just know if fits into the pouch.  It will last him the entire cruise, probably due to higher humidity onboard than at home. We drive to port so no problems with airport securities.

Edited by Cruisergal1208

1 hour ago, Cruisergal1208 said:

He uses an empty plastic bottle that is less than a full liter.  Can't remember the exact size, just know if fits into the pouch.  It will last him the entire cruise, probably due to higher humidity onboard than at home. We drive to port so no problems with airport securities.

Okay thanks!  We drive also, so wouldn't be a problem here either.  I agree about the humidity, much higher on a cruise ship.