Trying not to panic over flight home

aamechs2

My hubby booked a cruise for us on Celebrity out of San Juan as a birthday present. He also booked flights, at 10:45 am. The ship gets into port at 6:00 am. I’m worried that 10:45 is too early!  But I don’t want burst his happy bubble. Will we be OK?  

You're cutting it awful close. While others have made such a time window work, you have to decide if the stress of missing your flight is bearable after a week of relaxation. More than likely your ship will start debarkation between 7am and 8am. If it's 7am you have more breathing room. For both times you need to be at the gangway as soon as they let people off. You have to go through Customs, walk to the taxi stand, take a 15-20 minute taxi ride to the airport, take your bags to the USDA checkpoint FIRST, check your luggage, TSA and finally your gate. Depending on your airline your process might be short or long.

It sounds like a lot, although it's early in the morning enough so that you shouldn't encounter much delay. But it's up to you.

7 hours ago, aamechs2 said:

Sigh we usually do self disembarkation, so guess we’ll have to be first in line. We’ll be flying American 

Yes do self disembark...and also there's a possibility that AA may change flight times again....they did for us several times. We had originally booked a 12:00pm flight and eventually ended up (this past September) with a 9:30am flight. We actually were the first off the ship and at our departure gate in plenty of time.

• Thanks 1