Edge veranda room temps with window open?

jeepguy

So it is my understanding that when the "balcony" window is rolled down, the A/C in the room halts. So how long does it take for the room to cool back off once the "balcony " is closed?

I know it really depends on the temps outside and around, but I hate a warm room when I am sleeping. If the folding doors are shut, will this keep the A/C on and cooling? We usually like to sit outside before going to bed, now, my routine may be ending...  Very disappointed if my room won't keep me cool....

We too like to have a nightcap outside, for us opening the window was like sitting by a open window in your bedroom with a nightcap.  No feeling of being outside.  We tried it the 1st night and that was it. 

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

We too like to have a nightcap outside, for us opening the window was like sitting by a open window in your bedroom with a nightcap.  No feeling of being outside.  We tried it the 1st night and that was it. 

Can you please explain? How is it different than being on a normal balcony, with the bottom glassed in? Is the top half "window" that much smaller? Thanks!

No the top window  isn't that much smaller but there are solid walls on both sides and total roof, so very little air movement.   The "veranda" is in the cabin, and smaller that the verandas on S Class.  So we never felt like we were outside.

Now in cool weather, rain, etc. it is nice to have an enclosed space with a wall of glass.

I loved my IV room on the Edge but agree with most that it is definitely NOT a Balcony. We never really used the French doors. During the day while docked we did leave the window open in the morning but by afternoon it got too hot and we had to close the window. A couple of nights at the start of the cruise we left the window open while we slept and it was OK. But was the cruise progressed and the outside air was warm leaving the window open while sleeping made it too uncomfortable and we closed to window.

If you describe the space as an opened window porch and/or sunroom you can get a better feel for the space than calling it a veranda/balcony.