Best Serenity Area... Which ship?

OSUcruiser

We personally love the serenity on the Sunshine, never have been on the ship with the upper deck closed due to wind. I know others have stated it's not as quiet, however sometimes that's due to the people as well as any music that might spill over from Lido area.  Really love the pool and waterfall area, reminds me of the aft pools on Lido deck, howeve , adults only guaranteed.  :classic_biggrin:  

I just got back from an 8 day cruise on Sunshine and it reinforced my belief that the Serenity area doesn’t compare to the Serenity areas on Spirit class ships.  On sea days, chairs on deck 11 where the pool is were all occupied by 7:30 AM. This area is also right next to the Lido area and is very loud due to the music and activities on the Lido deck. Deck 12 is small and also very loud. Deck 14 is quieter, especially the cloaer you are to the front of the ship.  However, it was very windy up there and this part of the Serenity area was closed several times during the cruise. 

1 hour ago, surfone said:

Has anyone heard if the Sunrise will have a pool after drydock in the serenity area?

I just got off Sunshine two days ago. At the D&P party, I talked to several of the senior officers who said they are not duplicating the Serenity area with a pool on Sunrise and Radiance due to a lot of negative feedback Sunshine has gotten due to the location and noise in the Serenity area.  However, there will be a pool in the aft portion of these ships where the Havana Bar is located on Sunshine. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579