Best Serenity Area... Which ship?

OSUcruiser

We like the Serenity area on the Spirit class ships (Miracle, Legend and Pride.) Lido deck aft with pool, hot tub, loungers, shaded area with tables and chairs, sofas and a very nice bar right there.

We also like the Serenity are on the Sunshine -- 3 levels with pool, water fall, and a bar on the top level.

Edited by tandemcruzr
Spelling
  • Like 1

The sunshine has the best serenity areas. The Mardi gras looks like it will have a really nice serenity area looking at the deck plans. However we wont really know until the ship comes out. The Sunrise and Radiance serenity looks a little generic looking at the deck plans when compared to the Sunshine. But we wont know for sure of those until we see it also. I would suggest looking at the Havana Cabana Cabins on the Vista, Horizon, and Panorama also. Its not the serenity but it gives you what you get from the serenity but way more. Just note... Havana Cabana Cabins wont work for people with kids under 12.

1 hour ago, tandemcruzr said:

We like the Serenity area on the Spirit class ships (Miracle, Legend and Pride.) Lido deck aft with pool, hot tub, loungers, shaded area with tables and chairs, sofas and a very nice bar right there.

We also like the Serenity are on the Sunshine -- 3 levels with pool, water fall, and a bar on the top level.

Spirit class serenity is awesome. The serenity area on the Splendor left much to be desired. No pool, midship and at the top pretty much.

The Pride is getting its Serenity updated this week in drydock. I hope we see pictures soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 30scruiser said:

The Pride is getting its Serenity updated this week in drydock. I hope we see pictures soon.

Yeah, that would be nice. :-) We leave Friday for our Liberty cruise and will be gone for 12 days. When I get home I'll come back here and see if there are any pics.

As others have mentioned, Spirit class ships have by far the best Serenity areas in my opinion. The Serenity area on Sunshine is very nice, but it is also located next to the Lido pool area, which can get loud and can be heard in the Serenity area.  That isn’t an issue on Spirt class ships.  Plus you don’t have to walk up stairs to get to the Serenity bar on Spirit class ships. 

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

As others have mentioned, Spirit class ships have by far the best Serenity areas in my opinion. The Serenity area on Sunshine is very nice, but it is also located next to the Lido pool area, which can get loud and can be heard in the Serenity area.  That isn’t an issue on Spirt class ships.  Plus you don’t have to walk up stairs to get to the Serenity bar on Spirit class ships. 

That's incorrect.  Only part of the Sunshine Serenity is adjacent to the central Lido.  There's an entire section both starboard and port fully forward.  It is by far the largest, most complete and best Serenity in the fleet.  The Spirit Class ships have very nice ones, no doubt.  But they are not in the same league.

29 minutes ago, jsglow said:

That's incorrect.  Only part of the Sunshine Serenity is adjacent to the central Lido.  There's an entire section both starboard and port fully forward.  It is by far the largest, most complete and best Serenity in the fleet.  The Spirit Class ships have very nice ones, no doubt.  But they are not in the same league.

The forward part of the Sunshine's Serenity up on Deck 14 with the bar and hot tub is the best part. Problem is that if there is any type of wind that section gets closed. Two cruises on the Sunshine with a total of four sea days and that section was never open for our use. I'll take the Spirit Class Serenity ANY day! :classic_cool:

CS0325-X3.jpg

CS0334-X3.jpg

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, jsglow said:

I don’t disagree with most of what you said, but I still prefer the Serenity areas on Spirit class ships. In my opinion, the only thing nicer in the Sunshine Serenity area is the waterfall. Spirt class ships have Sunshine beat in every other area.  However, I am still a big fan of the Serenity area on Sunshine too. 

Jamman has a great pic there.  Just to explain what you're looking at, those lower loungers are part of Lido.  The first deck of Serenity are those clams and that where the Serenity pool is.  Above that is sort of a Serenity balcony and the very top is the uppermost and most quiet part of the Serenity.  That area extends all the way forward and around the front of the ship.  That upper deck #14 is as large or larger all by itself to be equal to the typical Serenity on most other Conquest or Dream class boats.

A great point about the Spirit class version is that they are out on the fantail and away from the crowds.

• Like 1

I personally LOVE the Serenity Deck aboard the "Fantasy Class" ships.  No, they don't have a pool, but do have two hot tubs.  They are on the aft end of the ship, and are truly serene, because most of the passengers don't even find that area until the end of the cruise, (if at all.)  Nice quiet area to chill out on, read a book, listen to your I-Pod, or just enjoy the sound of the sea. 

"SKY"

22 minutes ago, SkyMaster said:

I personally LOVE the Serenity Deck aboard the "Fantasy Class" ships.  No, they don't have a pool, but do have two hot tubs.  They are on the aft end of the ship, and are truly serene, because most of the passengers don't even find that area until the end of the cruise, (if at all.)  Nice quiet area to chill out on, read a book, listen to your I-Pod, or just enjoy the sound of the sea. 

"SKY"

I agree Sky. I love it back there when we cruise on a Fantasy Class ship. :classic_cool:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

I agree Sky. I love it back there when we cruise on a Fantasy Class ship. :classic_cool:

We like that area also. Only 1 bad experience. 8 -10 men(30s and 40s) occupied one of the hot tubs. Heavy drinking and very loud. They never left the hot tub over a 4 hour period. :classic_ohmy:

We like that area also. Only 1 bad experience. 8 -10 men(30s and 40s) occupied one of the hot tubs. Heavy drinking and very loud. They never left the hot tub over a 4 hour period. :classic_ohmy:

Yep, I HATE when that happens, but unfortunately, it can happen on any ship. 

"SKY"

Ken

28 minutes ago, OSUcruiser said:

We are looking into the Pride out of Baltimore. We love smaller ships, so this may be a good fit! Thanks everyone. Now to research the Pride!

Great choice! We love the Pride and the Serenity area is wonderful. Have a great cruise!! 🙂

3 hours ago, tandemcruzr said:

That must have made for some very warm and discolored water :classic_blink:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 8:35 AM, SkyMaster said:

"SKY"

Odd, my experience is that everyone found it on day one.