! LIVE! from Adventure of the Seas, February 16, 2019 - 8 nights

ckrobyn

1 hour ago, Yorkvillain said:

From one animal lover to another I say thank you for doing that! That is amazing.

I say this as I sit here reading your review with a cat sleeping on my foot.

39 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

I am obsessed with my cat ❤️ Here she is 

I am an animal fanatic, too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It was not there last year or at least I don't remember it from then.

Thank you. It's now on my list when I get down there in November.

I'll have to put a stop for dog food on my list too.  Never thought of that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Edited by ecslady

25 minutes ago, ecslady said:

Thank you. It's now on my list when I get down there in November.

I'll have to put a stop for dog food on my list too.  Never thought of that. Thanks for the suggestion.

The homeless dogs of San Juan will thank you.❤️

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ckrobyn said:

The homeless dogs of San Juan will thank you.❤️

One thing I noticed was that many of the dogs and cats out on the streets didn't look malnourished and actually looked quite healthy. That was nice to see. But not the kind of life my dogs and cats have had over the years. As far as I am concerned, if the dog wants the couch whoever is sitting on it can get up and move somewhere else.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PCWalton1 said:

Well I am late to the party but thankfully I did not miss the whole cruise. Thanks for taking the time to post. The enjoyment of Symphony last month has already worn off so I needed this. :classic_biggrin:

Loved following you! Happy to have you along!!

28 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

One thing I noticed was that many of the dogs and cats out on the streets didn't look malnourished and actually looked quite healthy. That was nice to see. But not the kind of life my dogs and cats have had over the years. As far as I am concerned, if the dog wants the couch whoever is sitting on it can get up and move somewhere else.

Agreed, most of them looked ok but it breaks my heart that they don’t have shelter or a soft couch to curl up on. 

I usually sit on my bed to blow dry my hair, but when the cat is sleeping there, I go somewhere else so as not to disturb her. We know who rules the house 😺

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

No one is playing with me tonight on this thread.😡

I’m here!

Just about to post dinner photos from

Giovanni’s. We watched sailaway from there, and passed very close to the Fort, however it was not lit up....

9A379A22-7438-4949-8344-C5FE254CDB76.jpeg

C37615A4-E193-413F-9826-2FC965D44C46.jpeg

E54974BB-CF10-4CD2-B7C2-B9825B09B7C7.jpeg

54 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

And Adventure begins the journey to St. Maarten. I love this island. Looks like the pilot boat is retrieving its pilot.

Celebrity Equinox is crossing from starboard to port across your bow.

Pilot boat heading back to the harbor.

You really are the human GPS 😁

55 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

And Adventure begins the journey to St. Maarten. I love this island. Looks like the pilot boat is retrieving its pilot.

Celebrity Equinox is crossing from starboard to port across your bow.

Pilot boat heading back to the harbor.

I love St. Maarten as well. Spent 2 weeks here honeymooning...... let’s just say it was a while back. I’ve visited a lot since, and in my opinion SXM has some of the most stunning beaches I’ve ever seen.

Tomorrow we are planning on taking the water taxi over to Front Street, and after some duty free shopping, we will spend the rest of the day at the beach - the one where you can still see the ship.

Right now this ship is moving side to side (pitching?) Im going to get another drink...

• Like 1

Side to side is rolling. Bow to stern is pitching. I LOVE it when the ship rolls when I'm in bed at night.

I used to always take the water taxi too but found that I really enjoy the walk from the pier area to town and have walked on the last couple of visits to the island. I haven't been out to Maho in a few visits now. I do need to get back for a little surfing on that fence.

Did you get to a fort today?🤔

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Side to side is rolling. Bow to stern is pitching. I LOVE it when the ship rolls when I'm in bed at night.

I used to always take the water taxi too but found that I really enjoy the walk from the pier area to town and have walked on the last couple of visits to the island. I haven't been out to Maho in a few visits now. I do need to get back for a little surfing on that fence.

Did you get to a fort today?🤔

I’d like to go to Maho too, but last time we went over there the traffic was so bad coming back, we cut it very close.... a little anxiety provoking.

A Fort you say? Do you not know me at all???? 

I ran straight off the ship and all the way to the Fort.... 🙄

Okay, so the ship is rolling not pitching. After 40 cruises I should know the correct terminology.

I expect it will rock a lot of us to sleep tonight. Bob is probably one of them since he hasn’t chimed in here for a while.

OB you have to stay up and chat with me. Everyone else has disappeared.

Edited by ckrobyn

4 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

I’d like to go to Maho too, but last time we went over there the traffic was so bad coming back, we cut it very close.... a little anxiety provoking.

A Fort you say? Do you not know me at all???? 

I ran straight off the ship and all the way to the Fort.... 🙄

If we are ever on the same cruise your husband will not know the wife who comes home to him.