! LIVE! from Adventure of the Seas, February 16, 2019 - 8 nights

ckrobyn

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was there too. Don't know that I quite understand the point of it.

There was a sign on one of the buildings explaining the reasoning for the colorful umbrellas . . .in short they represent the spirit of its people and pays tribute to everything that makes PR a unique place. 

9 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

Wow! Very cool, and no I have never seen it. I

will definitely look for it. Thanks for sharing!

Walk to the end of Fortelenza . . . The presidents mansion is at the end. (Light blue building with black wrought iron fencing ). The umbrellas are “floating” down toward the mansion. 

FYI . . . You and I have met. You have one of my sea pass card holders. 

Edited by island284
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ckrobyn said:

When is your next cruise? 

I saw those trunks and prettt sure they are around 55k USD 😬 The rich and famous use them as furniture around the house, a show piece of sorts. 

Three weeks roughly, March 9th on Symphony.  Turn it upside down and I’ll move into it and sell the house. More money for cruising. 🤔

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't think half a trunk would be enough for either of those women.

That made me laugh, but yet pause. Truth and humour in one sentence.

Don't forget to stop in at Save a Gato :)

Just got off Adventure Saturday morning. Rebooked today for another B2B next year going out in January. I saw the cabin wasn't attached to the rest and it amused me. 8237. Only pictures I can find are off Explorer and if its similar it looks nice. Hoping I have a pod cabin just off in the middle of nowhere 😄

1 hour ago, island284 said:

Walk to the end of Fortelenza . . . The presidents mansion is at the end. (Light blue building with black wrought iron fencing ). The umbrellas are “floating” down toward the mansion. 

FYI . . . You and I have met. You have one of my sea pass card holders. 

That’s amazing!!! We met on Oasis right? 😀

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Three weeks roughly, March 9th on Symphony.  Turn it upside down and I’ll move into it and sell the house. More money for cruising. 🤔

That made me laugh, but yet pause. Truth and humour in one sentence.

That’s March break, so Owen is going with you this time? I hope you’ll do a LIVE - will help

to get me through the last few weeks of Toronto winter. My husband told me another 15cm of snow fell with more in the forecast and a freezing rain chaser 🙄

16 hours ago, ckrobyn said:

Hi everyone! I’m back from a great day on Labadee 😎 The weather could not have been more perfect, the skies totally blue and the ocean clear as can be. We spent the entire day at Columbus Cove, which was delightfully not crowded. My last few cruises were on Oasis so I’m used to Labadee being really full - not the case at all today.

The buffet was, well, the buffet. The usual fare, hamburgers and hot dogs with some bbq chicken legs and back ribs. I gotta say though, the fly situation is pretty bad. Not sure what RC can do about it, but I took my food from the very bottom.

I enjoyed a few Labadoozies on the beach 😀

Apparently we are in Labadee today. Weather should be nice

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Perhaps the current travel warning is keeping the beaches less crowded.  There are hot debates on several threads about do we or don't we get off in the middle of the unrest. In spite of many experienced visitors explaining the Labadee reality and location, lots of others are fearful.  Like you, Laura, and Robyn, I would certainly rather be there with all of you, or even without, I suppose.  Looked blissful for her on Columbus yesterday, and yeah, still blecchy winter for many of us. 

Super fun watching your two concurrent live reviews on a ship I already checked off the list (and adored) and the next ship I will board (and will equally adore, because travel is my favorite thing after my kid).  Thank you both so much!  LOVING THIS!

Not that it's relevant but my next vacay is a spring break visit with my teen to Iceland next month.  It sure ain't a cruise and it won't be very warm and perhaps not too sunny either, but there will be hot thermal swimming pools all over the place, and Reykjavik is a somewhat common cruise port stop, so as far as I'm concerned, it counts!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ckrobyn said:

That’s March break, so Owen is going with you this time? I hope you’ll do a LIVE - will help

to get me through the last few weeks of Toronto winter. My husband told me another 15cm of snow fell with more in the forecast and a freezing rain chaser 🙄

Yup. Winter sucks like the effectiveness of paper,straws in a frozen drink. 

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I wonder if you guys are docking today at the pier that Epic tried to take out last week?.

They should be.  Wait till they see it’s new paint job. Looks like Britto tagged it. 

51 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Heads up, also known as....

#45.  Flys on the buffet, extra dietary protein. 😉😱😂

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Cel_cruise said:

Man - I feel the same way - why did we cruise during -the possibly warm -
April Vacation instead of this week!

My car was more like an igloo when I got to it tonight (in MA)...I had to dust off the snow and then crack the shell and wait for it to melt before I drove home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're from upstate New York. We always cruise around the beginning of March. By that time of the year we've had enough of the cold and snow and need to get some sun and sand.

8 hours ago, ckrobyn said:

We're on the south shore of Lake Ontario outside of Rochester. We're experiencing the same weather here. I can't wait for March 10th. when we board Adventure.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I wonder if you guys are docking today at the pier that Epic tried to take out last week?.

I saw that 😳 before I had the details, I thought the Epic actually took out the dock itself and wondered the same thing.

Good morning by the way.

48 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Perhaps the current travel warning is keeping the beaches less crowded.  There are hot debates on several threads about do we or don't we get off in the middle of the unrest. In spite of many experienced visitors explaining the Labadee reality and location, lots of others are fearful.  Like you, Laura, and Robyn, I would certainly rather be there with all of you, or even without, I suppose.  Looked blissful for her on Columbus yesterday, and yeah, still blecchy winter for many of us. 

Super fun watching your two concurrent live reviews on a ship I already checked off the list (and adored) and the next ship I will board (and will equally adore, because travel is my favorite thing after my kid).  Thank you both so much!  LOVING THIS!

Not that it's relevant but my next vacay is a spring break visit with my teen to Iceland next month.  It sure ain't a cruise and it won't be very warm and perhaps not too sunny either, but there will be hot thermal swimming pools all over the place, and Reykjavik is a somewhat common cruise port stop, so as far as I'm concerned, it counts!

Honestly, I didn’t give it much thought. If RCI was concerned about passenger safety they would have canceled the stop. Once I was on the island all I did was relax and soak up that glorious Caribbean sunshine ☀️

I know several people who have visited Iceland recently and really enjoyed it. Their only potentially negative comment was the cost of food!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

I saw that 😳 before I had the details, I thought the Epic actually took out the dock itself and wondered the same thing.

Good morning by the way.

I think what they hit is called a dolphin.  One of the points they tie up to.  An Oceana ship took one out in Key West last year.  

29 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Yup. Winter sucks like the effectiveness of paper,straws in a frozen drink. 

They should be.  Wait till they see it’s new paint job. Looks like Britto tagged it. 

Heads up, also known as....

#45.  Flys on the buffet, extra dietary protein. 😉😱😂

Solution: take an extra plate for on top to keep

your own food covered, and take your food from the bottom.

There ain’t no flies on us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good morning everyone 😀

I just woke up - this is a major sleep in for me as I am definitely a morning person. I think part of it may be the lack of natural light in the cabin? Don’t get me wrong, I love this cozy cabin, but I almost always have a balcony so it’s taking some getting used to. Anyways I have opened the curtain so the rest of the ship can see in... yes, I have clothes on 🙄

Last night there was a lot of motion on the ocean and this morning it’s still there. Captain McDuff (fellow countryman) suggested we would experience strong winds, which would put the relative wind on the outdoor decks at 52mph - I think that’s accurate, although I wasn’t expecting it to last this long.

The weather today for San Juan is going to be about 80 degrees with mostly sunny skies, which will make it perfect for exploring. I may even visit a Fort (OB, what are the odds?)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I think what they hit is called a dolphin.  One of the points they tie up to.  An Oceana ship took one out in Key West last year.  

The video I saw looked like the ship took out the catwalk leading out to the mooring piling.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

Last night there was a lot of motion on the ocean and this morning it’s still there. Captain McDuff (fellow countryman) suggested we would experience strong winds, which would put the relative wind on the outdoor decks at 52mph - I think that’s accurate, although I wasn’t expecting it to last this long.

The weather today for San Juan is going to be about 80 degrees with mostly sunny skies, which will make it perfect for exploring. I may even visit a Fort (OB, what are the odds?)

Did your hair experience any of that 52 mph wind?

And I put the odds at zero.