! LIVE! from Adventure of the Seas, February 16, 2019 - 8 nights

ckrobyn

5 hours ago, beej said:

Robyn, love seeing you here.  We are on the Adventure for Christmas, or Xmas spirit a couple of weeks before.  I have PRs booked on deck 6, but am curious about 6597 as opposed to 6591, which is still open.  Any ideas about which to keep or change to.  Haven't been on the AOS since she was new (and my first cruise).  Thanx for all your info.

We chose our connecting cabins based on midship location and it is also on deck 7, sandwiched between passenger cabin decks which cuts down on noise. We also have cabins on either side of us - the deckplans show white space and if it’s a crew door, it could be banging all the time and that would drive me nuts!

I am back onboard after a wonderful day on St. Maarten. I have not been back since the hurricane and was very saddened to see the condition of Front Street - many shops remain closed and boarded up. A few shopkeepers assured me that they are coming back more and more each day.

We spent the best part of the day at Holland House and enjoyed a lot of sun, a padded lounger and several Coronas 😎

The weather is absolute perfection today. I am sitting at the pool soaking in every ray of sunshine ☀️

The colour of the ocean is magnificent and I took many pictures...

Tonights dinner will be our first visit to the MDR.

13612EEA-90E5-4AD3-9AF4-B8632820CC66.jpeg

54A1B975-A8AC-46FC-AD87-0094D28BDAD2.jpeg

BB607ABB-B445-4CFF-97C7-7AF07448BBD5.jpeg

25B18DB0-0DA6-4BEF-8502-B9E0A26306B6.jpeg

25732080-BC80-4ECE-BB20-3635CD8E5FEF.jpeg

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

I am back onboard after a wonderful day on St. Maarten. I have not been back since the hurricane and was very saddened to see the condition of Front Street - many shops remain closed and boarded up. A few shopkeepers assured me that they are coming back more and more each day.

We spent the best part of the day at Holland House and enjoyed a lot of sun, a padded lounger and several Coronas 😎

The weather is absolute perfection today. I am sitting at the pool soaking in every ray of sunshine ☀️

The colour of the ocean is magnificent and I took many pictures...

Tonights dinner will be our first visit to the MDR.

13612EEA-90E5-4AD3-9AF4-B8632820CC66.jpeg

54A1B975-A8AC-46FC-AD87-0094D28BDAD2.jpeg

BB607ABB-B445-4CFF-97C7-7AF07448BBD5.jpeg

25B18DB0-0DA6-4BEF-8502-B9E0A26306B6.jpeg

25732080-BC80-4ECE-BB20-3635CD8E5FEF.jpeg

Lovely photos.

We loved St Maarten and the water shuttle into town from the ship dock was friendly with great reggae music played.  Pauline bought some nice jewelry there last time we were there.

Sorry to here what the hurricane did to the island and hopefully it is true that businesses are coming back soon.

Graham.

1 hour ago, ckrobyn said:

It doesn’t get much better than this 💕

Andrew, we are at Holland House, thanks for the tip!!

9DC12F3E-B6EA-493E-8273-18BB97B5CF9D.jpeg

You are most welcome Robyn.  Did men in speedos stop in front of your chairs making it awkwardly for you?  I had them scheduled to visit around noon. 

28 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was expecting pictures of airplanes.

OB, you have to zoom in. I can see a plane that took off from Saba. 

0F459221-8999-4543-8EEE-8D8BD41F5627.thumb.jpeg.8e7c49e6dbfb0e616f3a67a6eb21052b.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

You are most welcome Robyn.  Did men in speedos stop in front of your chairs making it awkwardly for you?  I had them scheduled to visit around noon. 

OB, you have to zoom in. I can see a plane that took off from Saba. 

0F459221-8999-4543-8EEE-8D8BD41F5627.thumb.jpeg.8e7c49e6dbfb0e616f3a67a6eb21052b.jpeg

Okay, did you really order the men (age 65+) to parade by my lounger in Speedos because OMG they DID! 😳

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

I’ve never really liked the pizza onboard, but I gotta say.... it’s pretty good this cruise. Could be that I’m just super hungry because all I ate today was a bag of Fritos on the beach lol 😂 

9BD0CDC2-0D12-4824-BA8E-41538A84C2CE.jpeg

Robyn - I have never been a fan of the pizza on the ship either but that piece actually LOOKS good. Is that from the Promenade Café?

6 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

Okay, did you really order the men (age 65+) to parade by my lounger in Speedos because OMG they DID! 😳

Maybe, maybe not. For all the hours I’ve been lucky to log beach front there, I figured there was a good chance of it happening.  I didn’t think Lisa and I were the only lucky ones. 😉

4 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

Here’s Shaniqua 😀 She knew exactly who you were and started laughing! Apparently your Mom is set to visit soon?

71CDFCAD-B7DD-42BF-A1EF-0D4F920B56FD.jpeg

She is amazing. We hadn’t seen her for a couple years and she remembered us right away. Mom is there in early March, sailing with friends on NCL Jade. I tried to convince them to sail on RC but what can a son do?

20 minutes ago, tutzig said:

Thanks for the thread. I am on her in June and love researching!

Will continue to follow..

I am also very interested in what you use OceanBoy, hoping you can share...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not to hijack OB's question, but I use the marine traffic site. 

40 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Robyn - I have never been a fan of the pizza on the ship either but that piece actually LOOKS good. Is that from the Promenade Café?

Yes, that’s where it’s from. I also have to give 2 thumbs up for the food selection at Cafe Promenade, they have really upped their game with a daily selection of antipasto and assorted sandwiches. 

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Once you walk off of the pier you will see signs for it off to the left. They are about a 5 minute walk from the ship. $7.00 to ride back and forth all day. And, yes, I know my name is not Robyn.

As an alternative, a taxi between the port and town is $3 per person, each way.

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Big question..... was there a horn battle at sail-a-way?

I’m told there was, and perhaps another ship chimed in as well. I was not out on deck, I was busy getting rid of sand in places it doesn’t belong 😂