! LIVE! from Adventure of the Seas, February 16, 2019 - 8 nights

ckrobyn

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Distance is a little hard to judge. Looks to me like you are already close to St. Eustatius now. No idea what the plan is to delay the arrival at St. Kitts for 8 more hrs.

Apparently it’s only 100 nautical miles between St. Maarten and St. Kitts.

The swells are 6.6 feet, so that will keep us bouncing around all night and will rock me to sleep....

Love following you! Great stuff. We were on Adventure  right before being dry docked with the updates. I don't know if you had been on AOS before, I would be interested in your comparison. What you like or dislike? We loved that ship and would like to sail on it again.

• Like 1

Robyn, do you need a place today?

Carambola Beach Club on Friars Bay. 

No pictures res on my iPad but it was really good. Only been once but would return without thinking. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

8 hours ago, Swank Pad G said:

Love following you! Great stuff. We were on Adventure  right before being dry docked with the updates. I don't know if you had been on AOS before, I would be interested in your comparison. What you like or dislike? We loved that ship and would like to sail on it again.

Adventure is my most sailed ship. I will guess this is my 18th time on her? (I’m not sure how to access my signature, so I can’t be 100%, but I’m close!) So... I remember the old days! My first cruise on Adventure was in 2006, so there have been many changes. Overall, I do like the look of her now. Seems more modern and updated - in keeping with newer, shinier ships. The decor in the staterooms is much better since the green furniture is gone! That said, she still retains her charm and the crew are amazing 😃

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Robyn, do you need a place today?

Carambola Beach Club on Friars Bay. 

No pictures res on my iPad but it was really good. Only been once but would return without thinking. 

Hi Andrew, we decided to be lazy and hang around the port today. We will enjoy the quiet ship while everyone else is ashore. I enjoy days like these 😎

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Btw, though by no means great, I thought the pizza on Adventure was the best cruise ship pizza that I've had in a very long while.

I’m on Jewel and have been following along. We’ll be docking in Aruba in about an hour. 

I agree. The pizza in the Windjammer has been the best cruise ship pizza I have ever had. I’m happy to report that it has a crispy bottom and lots of cheese!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

Hi Andrew, we decided to be lazy and hang around the port today. We will enjoy the quiet ship while everyone else is ashore. I enjoy days like these 😎

That’s always a great plan. The port area is quite large and an empty ship is great. Few chairs hogs is always nice. 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 9:20 AM, trihawks1 said:

debating on this ship as the adult kids aren’t sure they will have as much fun on Adventure as they did on Freedom last year.  It’s between Oasis vs Adventure.

Having sailed on Both, hands down the Oasis wins.  So much more to do.  While we enjoyed our Adventure sailing- much less activities on board.  It is an older ship so you will not get all of the bells and whistles that are on the Oasis.

On 2/19/2019 at 8:13 PM, ckrobyn said:

I’m here!

Just about to post dinner photos from

Giovanni’s. We watched sailaway from there, and passed very close to the Fort, however it was not lit up....

The last 2 times we have been to San Juan including our latest trip on the Edge it hasn’t been lit up. So bummed to because I wanted to get some night pictures of the forts. 

Also so wanted to confirm that Adventure has the freestyle machines. We don’t do an alcohol package, don’t drink enough to justify it, and usually just buy the 10 drink card if offered. 

9 minutes ago, cgolf1 said:

Also so wanted to confirm that Adventure has the freestyle machines. We don’t do an alcohol package, don’t drink enough to justify it, and usually just buy the 10 drink card if offered. 

Adventure has Freestyle machines. Two in Windjammer and two on the Royal Promenade.  May be one or two more elsewhere.

• Like 1