Transfer booking FROM a travel agent TO Carnival.

Timmay77

I've done the reverse to get a higher onboard credit and other perks. I had to give the travel agent my information for them to take over the reservation. My guess is it may be the same process.  Either way, call Carnival and they will tell you exactly how to proceed.  Not sure if they can take it from a travel agent or if the travel agent has to turn over the reservation to Carnival.  

Edited by Gold_Cruiser

1 hour ago, beargrass1 said:

The TA has to agree to release the booking to Carnival. 

Yes, and I believe the transfer has to happen within a certain time window from the date you booked. 60 days is popping into my head but not entirely sure. Just talk to your agent about what's inconvenient and see what he/she can do to fix it. You can always access your booking by adding it to your account on Carnival.com. You just can't make payments directly to Carnival. Those have to go through your agent.

Edited by saharaga

I called a PVP and spoke to them about transferring. They said I would have to cancel the reservation and rebook it. That would mean I would lose out on some funds from my original deposit. 

Very disappointing......

6 hours ago, Timmay77 said:

I called a PVP and spoke to them about transferring. They said I would have to cancel the reservation and rebook it. That would mean I would lose out on some funds from my original deposit. 

Very disappointing......

As has been previously mentioned, talk to your TA about what you're finding disappointing to see if it can be fixed. Unless there is some serious issues with the service the TA is providing you, Carnival will not intercede.

On 2/19/2019 at 4:02 PM, saharaga said:

Yes, and I believe the transfer has to happen within a certain time window from the date you booked. 60 days is popping into my head but not entirely sure. Just talk to your agent about what's inconvenient and see what he/she can do to fix it. You can always access your booking by adding it to your account on Carnival.com. You just can't make payments directly to Carnival. Those have to go through your agent.

How do i add my booking to my account on carnival?

18 hours ago, susan1957 said:

How do i add my booking to my account on carnival?

Create an account on Carnival.com, if you don't already have one. If you do, log into your account. Go to Manage, then My Booking.

If you don't already have a booking in your account, a page will pop up that says Access My Booking. If you do already have a booking in your account and need to add another one, click on the tab at the top that says Add a Booking.

Enter your booking information in the fields. Your name has to spelled exactly as it is on the booking. Be sure to check the box to save the booking to your profile. Once the booking is accepted and saved, all you have to do to get to it is click on Manage My Booking when you go to Carnival.com.

Edited by saharaga
  • Like 1