UberXL - Booster Seats?

llarsen

Hi,

We are 4 adults and 2 children (ages 7 and 8). 

We arrive late and have 2 rooms at Hilton Miami Airport Blue Lagoon the night prior to embarking the cruise ship.

We would like to get an UberXL for the 6 of us to POM (Carnival) in the morning (we have 11:30am check in)

Question: Does anyone know if UberXL has booster seats for children?  (I read Florida law says children less than 4ft9" and under 80 lbs need a booster seat)

If we have to bring them from home, does it count as your carry-on luggage, or does airline store them at no charge? (American Airlines)

Thanks!

The airline will check the car seats for free of you don't use them on the flight.  Do 7 & 8 year olds need booster seats? :classic_blink:  I have seen travel and inflatables suggested on this board.

6 passengers and bags will be a very tight squeeze into an UberXL, especially if anyone in your group packs like my wife. You might consider splitting up into 2 Uber X cars for not much more $

You can request an Uber with a booster/car seat. However it may limit the availability of drivers. Also you won't have booster seats in ports in any car you'll be in. We have this for our son which is great because we can use it in our rental cars as well as in ports. When we're not using it we can roll it up and put it in our bookbag.

https://amzn.to/2ElHuNV 

You can request an Uber with a booster/car seat. However it may limit the availability of drivers. 

And if you need TWO ..... forgetaboutit

inflatable boosters are your friend!

Edited by Capt_BJ

We have used the Bumble Bum inflatable and when it expired we switched to the miFold. It’s super portable and my kids aren’t as self conscious about using it. It doesn’t give them the height a regular booster does, but it still positions the seatbelt safely on their shoulders and lap!

Given your kids ages - unless you have someone to pass these too - I would bring one of these and try/risk getting an uber with one booster.

https://www.amazon.com/mifold-Grab-Booster-Seat-Slate/dp/B01H5VJJTE/ref=asc_df_B01H5VJJTE/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312123716078&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7895947600853829848&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9001908&hvtargid=pla-365069397493&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=62150461156&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=312123716078&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7895947600853829848&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9001908&hvtargid=pla-365069397493

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk