Apple Watch Series 4 on cruise

edwar2cf

I have the Series 4 Apple watch with GPS.  It will not be connected to cellular, only WiFi.  I have AT&T, but the watch is not on a plan.  Will the GPS, or anything else, do anything, connect to anything on the cruise for which I could be billed?

I have Verizon with a series 3 apple watch.  I believe when i subscribed to the cellular service and looked into international the watches are not eligible for "travelpass" which is what Verizon uses when travelling internationally.  i would follow up with your provider but believe you won't be billed for the watch.

19 minutes ago, edwar2cf said:

I have the Series 4 Apple watch with GPS.  It will not be connected to cellular, only WiFi.  I have AT&T, but the watch is not on a plan.  Will the GPS, or anything else, do anything, connect to anything on the cruise for which I could be billed?

Not as long as you have your phone set up not to be connected to cellular.  Your watch only connects to your phone or WIFi. 

Even if you had your series 4 with an LTE plan, I do, it would not connect to anything as the Series 4 does not roam outside the US. It only connects to LTE on the AT&T  cell network.

I have a Series 4 GPS Apple Watch.  It connected to my phone while we were on Harmony earlier in the month.  Since I had the Voom 1 device package, it pulled the internet from the phone.  It was nice to use the walkie-talkie app to connect to others in our party.  There were no extra charges.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/22/2019 at 10:55 AM, rjh8115 said:

I have a Series 4 GPS Apple Watch.  It connected to my phone while we were on Harmony earlier in the month.  Since I had the Voom 1 device package, it pulled the internet from the phone.  It was nice to use the walkie-talkie app to connect to others in our party.  There were no extra charges.

Did you have to keep ur phone with you for the watch to work?