? Re: Sodas and More Package

cujosmom

Within reason they’ll make anything sans alcohol, the mock tail menu has half a dozen (I haven’t actually counted) or so suggestions but anything else they’ll do if they have the fixings.

One barmaid on Diamond would make up all sorts of names for my drinks (usually Diet Coke, which shed call a Diet Rum and Coke with out the rum, or Diet scotch and coke without scotch, but then started suggesting different mock tails I might like to try, and when she found I was a pineapple fan, made some “interesting” concoctions, but that was a month long cruise sh she got to know me pretty well and took good care of me.

• Like 1

In my opinion, I did not think the package was worth it for me.  A diet Coke is around $2 for a can, hot chocolate is free in the buffet and you can get it yourself from the coffee station anytime, fresh squeezed oj is free in the buffet for breakfast and I just really did not care for the mocktails (too sweet for me).  If I want a cocktail or diet Coke, I just buy one.

Just now, Suncitycruiser1925 said:

In my opinion, I did not think the package was worth it for me.  A diet Coke is around $2 for a can, hot chocolate is free in the buffet and you can get it yourself from the coffee station anytime, fresh squeezed oj is free in the buffet for breakfast and I just really did not care for the mocktails (too sweet for me).  If I want a cocktail or diet Coke, I just buy one.

As always you need to do the sums based on what you drink and how many thereof, for me it’s a no brainer, I usually break even on Diet Coke about 1/3 into my cruise, even if I have nothing else at all.

41 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

As always you need to do the sums based on what you drink and how many thereof, for me it’s a no brainer, I usually break even on Diet Coke about 1/3 into my cruise, even if I have nothing else at all.

This is my reality as well -- just the soda alone pays for itself.  Then, on my last cruise, I finally decided to try the mock-tails -- I stuck with the listed ones, tried a different one every day.  Some I didn't care for, but the virgin mojito was pretty good, once I got the bartender to use an appropriate amount of sugar syrup.  Then, add Sprite to the glass of mint leaves, and enjoy the mint that way.

Once I started ordering one virgin mojito each evening, I did really well on the Package.  And for $8 per day, I'm not going to worry about it.

46 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

This is my reality as well -- just the soda alone pays for itself.  Then, on my last cruise, I finally decided to try the mock-tails -- I stuck with the listed ones, tried a different one every day.  Some I didn't care for, but the virgin mojito was pretty good, once I got the bartender to use an appropriate amount of sugar syrup.  Then, add Sprite to the glass of mint leaves, and enjoy the mint that way.

Once I started ordering one virgin mojito each evening, I did really well on the Package.  And for $8 per day, I'm not going to worry about it.

I probably only go one or two virgin Pina Coloda a week. But even when I stick 100% to Diet Coke I break even after a couple of days, I don’t drink booze, or tea or coffee, I can get through a lot of Diet Coke.

Normally at home I wouldn't dream of drinking soda or sugary drinks every day.  But I figure on a cruise I also eat dessert which I normally don't - because it's a treat.  I've also only done 6-7 day cruises so far, so maybe I'd change my habits for a longer cruise...

So it's only 2 mocktails or a mocktail and a soda a day needed to break even, which I find easily doable.  Especially if I'm getting them half strength.

I'm not sure if soda water (I think it's known as club soda in the US - carbonated water with nothing added) is free onboard or not?, but I drink a lot of that when I want something refreshing but not sugary.

5 hours ago, Obsi said:

I'm not sure if soda water (I think it's known as club soda in the US - carbonated water with nothing added) is free onboard or not?, but I drink a lot of that when I want something refreshing but not sugary.

In the US "club soda" is defined as having salt.  Sparkling water generally does not.  Not everybody uses the terms correctly.

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 11:37 PM, Obsi said:

Neither club soda nor soda water is free on board, unless you have a package.  It is free under the Soda and More Package.

Edited by Mike45LC