Transfer of on board credit

Bengalfang

50 minutes ago, Bengalfang said:

Is there a way for my parents who have a lot of OBC due to promotions can transfer the credit to me, staying in another room. Or are they allowed to pay for like premium dining for me or pay for my internet package? Thanks!

I recently asked similar and was told we can use our OBC to pay for excursions, pay restaurant and possibly your internet package.  (So cant transfer it though) 

We have used OBC in the Pinnacle for example and paid for 2 couples together.  We also got the 50% discount that way - no problem, just tell them when you make the reservation to put it in your name only and for 4.

Edited by DaveOKC

Thanks for the replies.    So for the restaurants do my parents have to go with me?  They typically just prefer the regular dining so may not join us. 

And thanks for the common sense answer of them buying the internet package and giving me the username and pw.  Should have thought of that!

Any idea if they can pay for my gratuities?  

Depending on how much OBC your parents have, and how much spending you intend to do, consider this:
Have them take responsibility for all your expenses, then repay them when the accounts are posted on the last day.
Since you are assuming they will have enough OBC to pay all their bills, and some of yours, then they should leave the ship with no money owed. If your expenses are on their bill, whatever they owe HAL---you owe them. You can all spend what you want for things you want, and not purchase things you don't want (like your parents purchasing specialty dining, if they don't want it).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bengalfang said:

Thanks for the replies.    So for the restaurants do my parents have to go with me?  They typically just prefer the regular dining so may not join us. 

And thanks for the common sense answer of them buying the internet package and giving me the username and pw.  Should have thought of that!

Any idea if they can pay for my gratuities?  

I have never tried the restaurant approach, but I would doubt that it would work.  Same with gratuities.  HOWEVER, since things vary so much by HAL ship, you really will not know for certain until you ask while onboard. 

We travel with our adult daughters as their Christmas/birthday/etc. presents each year (I think I've got the next 7 years of presents covered already). As Ruth C suggests, once we get on-board the ship, we ask the front desk (or the concierge since we usually get a NS) to combine the folios for both rooms onto the one in my name. All the OBC (both HAL and TA) and promos (like $100 internet promo) is put there and all the expenses end up on there, including gratuities. Each entry is identified by whose card did it (bar bills and gratuity is where I notice it). If one daughter went overboard on the spa, they reimburse us. On this last cruise on the NS, when we boarded the folios were already combined, perhaps because my credit card was listed on the documents for all four of us?

Re: the restaurant issue, a parent might have to be at the podium with you when you check in at the restaurant since your face will not match the picture that shows up with the reservation. Mom or dad can say dinner is a gift from them to you.

Edited by oceanmom