Internet Packages Unavailable on Majestic Princess

LSGDRG

I have an upcoming cruise on the Majestic Princess next month.  Internet Packages are still unavailable for purchase pre cruise.  Has anyone else experienced this recently on a Princess ship?  I am trying to get an idea of the cost of internet packages for a cruise that is over 16 days.

2 minutes ago, LSGDRG said:

I have an upcoming cruise on the Majestic Princess next month.  Internet Packages are still unavailable for purchase pre cruise.  Has anyone else experienced this recently on a Princess ship?  I am trying to get an idea of the cost of internet packages for a cruise that is over 16 days.

Is it an Australian cruise?

Australian cruises are different for some reason on some things onboard.

Since it is so close to sailing you may have to buy once onboard.

Maybe someone who has sailed the Majestic recently will comment.

1 minute ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Is it an Australian cruise?

Australian cruises are different for some reason on some things onboard.

Since it is so close to sailing you may have to buy once onboard.

Maybe someone who has sailed the Majestic recently will comment.

It is a repositioning cruise leaving from Sydney.  On all my previous cruises I was able to purchase an internet package pre cruise.  Maybe it is due to it being an Australian cruise.  

1 minute ago, LSGDRG said:

It is a repositioning cruise leaving from Sydney.  On all my previous cruises I was able to purchase an internet package pre cruise.  Maybe it is due to it being an Australian cruise.  

Yeah that is strange its not showing for you to purchase.

We are on the Ruby this April -- (U.S.) no internet packages are available online yet.  The ship is transitioning to the Medallion system.  Some on our Roll Call have speculated that this may be the problem - at least one member called Princess and was able to purchase a package.  

49 minutes ago, LSGDRG said:

Yeah, anything in Australia is an odd duck as far as ordering anything on board in advance.  The only thing I see listed under the internet section for our upcoming Australia/New Zealand cruise is the "In Cabin Calling to Shore". 10 minutes for $49.50.  No actually internet packages listed. 

Just call Princess. I was the one on Ruby who called- they are updating the website but it might be awhile. The person who helped me on the phone was able to apply the internet package to my sailing in just a couple of minutes.

9 hours ago, Cyn874 said:

Just call Princess. I was the one on Ruby who called- they are updating the website but it might be awhile. The person who helped me on the phone was able to apply the internet package to my sailing in just a couple of minutes.

Your ship is leaving out of Los Angeles.  We are talking about cruises leaving from Australia. 

8 hours ago, Kenswing said:

Your ship is leaving out of Los Angeles.  We are talking about cruises leaving from Australia. 

Right but my point is, just call Princess and if it's possible to add an internet package they can do it for you, regardless of if it's on the website or not. And even if they can't, they can probably at least give you some information about why, or how much, or if it will be available.

The lack of internet packages in the cruise planner doesn't necessarily mean they can't be added manually.

Edited by Cyn874