Ship Size

Bee Guy

I prefer the Freedom class or smaller and wonder if we will be seeing a trend towards fewer of the smaller ships and more of the mega sized. Given that some itineraries require smaller ships, I understand that they will not be eliminated, but I fear more itineraries will have bigger ships.  Thoughts? 

I am sure that the price per berth is lower on the larger ships as well as having more floor space for revenue generating opportunities.

Seeing as both of those would lead to increased profits I doubt you will be seeing many new small ships from mainstream lines.

For me, the ships size is not as important as how it's laid out and what it offers. 

For instance, I had no problem with the size of the Oasis per se, but I didn't like the disconnectedness to the ocean, crowd dispersement, and the chopped up pool deck (to name a few things).

I don't care for the layout of RCI ships smaller than the Voyager class because I don't like the Atrium style of a ship's interior, and prefer the promenade.

Dan

Eventually the ships will become so large that passengers wishing to sail on smaller ships will be able to do so by simply launching a lifeboat or two from the mother ship.:classic_laugh:. Our first cruise (on HAL's Veendam in 1981) only carried ~650 passengers. An Oasis lifeboat can hold ~400 passengers.:classic_ohmy:

Edited by orville99

32 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

For me, the ships size is not as important as how it's laid out and what it offers. 

For instance, I had no problem with the size of the Oasis per se, but I didn't like the disconnectedness to the ocean, crowd dispersement, and the chopped up pool deck (to name a few things).

I don't care for the layout of RCI ships smaller than the Voyager class because I don't like the Atrium style of a ship's interior, and prefer the promenade.

Dan

Oh my gosh yes, Dan! I have become a promenade snob lol 

• Like 1