Bonnie - LCV upgrade for accessible cabin

DebbieMacG

Bonnie or anyone who can help

I’m booked in an accessible inside cabin (I’m a wheelchair user) and noticed there are still two OV accessible cabins available for my cruise (28/05/19) so have submitted a request to be placed on the waitlist for an LCV upgrade. As I’m in an accessible cabin would they would only consider me for upgrade to one of those accessible OV cabins (if were still available and no one higher up the list etc was requiring them) or would they offer me a normal OV cabin? Can it be declined and I keep my accessible inside if so?

I wouldn’t want to not have an accessible cabin and I’ve not requested an upgrade before so not sure of the process.  Just wondering if you can advise me please?

many thanks in advance

4 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

If you get offered an upgrade it is an offer only - you don’t have to accept it. You can decline the offer if it’s not to an accessible cabin and stay in your current accessible inside cabin.

Thanks Host Grandma 😀 

I understand that by law Azamara have to hold accessible cabins for those that require them until 1 month before sailing, at which time they go into the general inventory.  You may not be offered an upgrade of course.  Just depends upon your LCV level and when you applied and who if any are ahead of you in the queue.  You could very well be offered a standard OV which you could turn down.  You might strike lucky and be get one of the two accessible cabins.  

What I'd do?  Wait until a couple of weeks before your cruise when they usually start looking at the upgrade list, check if either or both of the accessible OVs are still available and then contact Le Club Voyage and ask them the question of whether you will be considered for an upgrade and if so could they hold one of accessible cabins for you as you need to have one for wheelchair access.  They can only say no.  Unfortunately, because of the limited number of accessible window cabins on the ship the only way to be sure of getting one to book one in its own right.

Phil

Thanks for the advice Phil, I will certainly do that. I’m discover level with LCV.

To be honest I’m delighted to be able to get an accessible cabin at all as I’ve struggled to get one for my last two cruises with Celebrity and Princess.

There were the two OV cabins available when I booked but they were priced at £1400 more than the inside, so I decided that was too much just for a window, for a balcony yes, I would have paid that but nothing else was available. However for $395 I’d love a window!

The inside accessibles on deck 4 are really good. Lots of space and in a great location in my view, so if the worst comes to the worst you still have a nice spot.  Handy for Guest Relations and getting off the ship, one deck up to Mosaic Cafe, MDR and the Promenade Deck.  

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden