Plaza 328 - Emerald Princess

Thrak

8 minutes ago, Vic The Parrot said:

I think I'll go for the gusto as well.

Been thinking of an extra trip in May, but wondering if it'll be worth raiding the bank account. LOL

But after reading your posts, I have to say that I admire the 2 of you for your attitude regarding how precious our time on Earth really is.

I just might go for it now!

I had a friend drop dead at 54. Totally out of the blue. One never knows...

10 hours ago, Thrak said:

We're trying out a sideways inside cabin in May. Always wondered about those and have heard that some really like them. It's only 7 days so we figured we'd try the sideways cabin. It's already costing over $8k so we figured to save a little on the cabin.

Hi, Thrak.  We were just in our second sideways (the first one was a GTY assignment, but we got stuck with beds on the wall, which was a minor pain).  Anyway, there is a bit of getting used to opening the door and the end of one bed is RIGHT there (if singles - otherwise, it's a step inside the width of a night table).  So, if you are returning alone to the room, open it slowly in case your mate is walking around not quite clothed.  😉

The good parts are a long working desk space and plenty of good storage around the corner on the way to bathroom, which is tucked around out of the way.   It feels like there is more room, but IDK if anyone has taken a tape measure to one of those and one of the traditional ones on a Royal Class ship.

I have to admit that the standard Inside layout works well if one person comes in later because the bed is back into the room and the far bed or side is away from the light.  You have access to washroom and closet area, before entering the bed area.  But then it, has smaller work area.  Anyway, always best to try a cabin out and see for yourself.

Thrak, I know this thread is about the Emerald nightstands in some rooms...well, at least originally.  But the layout question got me wondering what it looks like on the Sapphire. Interestingly enough, every Oceanview cabin 

‘ photo’ shows just one nightstand.

We all know those layout pictures are just boilerplate... but I wonder why do all Sapphire OV cabins show the picture with just one nightstand??  It’s not that way on the other ships.  It’s not shown that way for interior or balcony cabins on the Sapphire either. Hmmmm.

Whatever it is, I will find out for sure tomorrow when we board her.  ( And yes we got and took the move down offer—your turn is coming! But I digress, again.) Let me know if you want to know the cabin layout of the nightstands in any specific room and I will post it.

On 3/8/2019 at 5:59 PM, cherylandtk said:

We all know those layout pictures are just boilerplate... but I wonder why do all Sapphire OV cabins show the picture with just one nightstand??  It’s not that way on the other ships.  It’s not shown that way for interior or balcony cabins on the Sapphire either. Hmmmm.

Very odd indeed. The interior images on the Princess site show the "normal" layout with a "standard" nightstand on either side when in reality it seems there is actually only one (oversized) nightstand. I just checked and you are right. The OV pics show a single nightstand of the normal - not oversized - type. Very odd indeed.

And...the Sapphire OV pictures are not indicative of what really exists.  Our OV has 2 nightstands (midship Emerald deck), and according to our steward, so do all in her section.

Also apropos of nothing, dinner times on this ship are 5:30/8:00, showtimes 7:45/9:45.  Despite the hoo-haw about the new times on the website.  But who knows what will happen in October, either.