Embarkation process for Symphony of the Seas

Curious what the embarkation process is like in Miami? Any Tips? I have been able to check in online, and will be driving to the port in June and wondering what peoples experiences have been like so far? I'll be parking my car at the port and I seem to remember reading you can just park your car and there are porters in the garage, but I could be mistaken. Any advice is much appreciated, I'll be alone with 2 kids. Thanks!  

• Like 1

is a breeze.   Just boarded Allure there two weeks ago.   Have your set sail printed and ID ready, and you'll walk tight through.   We boarded early.   Got there at 10:30.   Was on board by 11, and that was with a 5 minute wait for the ship to open for boarding.

1 hour ago, rt1092 said:

We were on the Symphony just after Thanksgiving last year. It took 3 minutes from the time we got out of the shuttle, till we were standing on the ship. Amazing

wow. thats what ive been hearing, I cant wait

32 minutes ago, acthorson said:

Do you have to have set sail

pass printed or can it be on your phone?

I would print the SetSail pass, because you will need it onboard to charge things before you get your SeaPass card, and I would not be confident that all the onboard scanners will work with a phone image.

1 hour ago, acthorson said:

The set sail pass on the app works for everything. Bar staff accept it without issue. No need for the paper version. Boarded Symphony in Miami last February using our phones and it was really slick. There is staff in the terminal waiting with an ipad  to finish the check in we completed at home ahead of time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tinmantim said:

No need for the paper version. Boarded Symphony in Miami last February using our phones and it was really slick. 

Thats fantastic. I’m used to using apple wallet traveling internationally with no paper so it’s great to hear RCCL is embracing the whole no paper thing. It’s very helpful with kids to pull everything up on my watch. 

4 hours ago, acthorson said:

Its great having on your phone, BUT when I sailed in January, agent would not let me use it.  I had paper copies too, so no worries. 

We are on Symphony now. I never could print my set sail pass and the phone app worked just fine. I took a screenshot of the set sail passes just in case the app locked up for some reason. Check in really is as quick and easy as everyone has reported.

Once onboard some bartenders were just writing down room numbers to keep track of charges. They can just type in your room number and see your photo and if you have the drink package etc.