Game apps using ship Wi-Fi

PlanoDebbie

Asking for a friend!  

One of the teachers I work with is going on the Glory this summer.  She was telling me that she was gonna make sure she had the Wi-Fi package on her cruise so that she wouldn't miss a single day of playing her Disney Magic Kingdoms:  Build your own magical park game on her phone.  She's all in a panic now if that game won't work with even the top Wi-Fi package.  I don't play games like this, but figured someone on here might know if this game will work on the ship's wi-fi or not.  I figured before she drops big bucks on the wi-fi, I would try to find out if it will give her access.

Thanks!

I usually just get the social plan, and it's definitely too slow for a game. If she absolutely can't live without it, many games do have an offline mode, and most ports have good wifi so she could update her game status onshore there. I've done a similar scenario with Candy Crush Saga😉

I also play Disney Magic Kingdoms. I have played it with the Value package. Some parts of the game can be played offline. I have a really long running streak going with days played, and I may lose that streak on my upcoming TP. I heard the internet on the Splendor is horrible.

5 hours ago, crzndeb said:

I also play Disney Magic Kingdoms. I have played it with the Value package. Some parts of the game can be played offline. I have a really long running streak going with days played, and I may lose that streak on my upcoming TP. I heard the internet on the Splendor is horrible.

LOL!  My friend showed me that she has played this game EVERY day for 883 days and is freaked out about missing a day and starting all over again.

Years ago I had a myfitnesspal streak that was nearly 4 years long and I struggled with losing it on my cruise. In fact, I haven't ever gotten back into mfp serious since I lost that streak. So I can understand. But really, it can be a good thing to let these things go. Sometimes I go days without social media and I've let go of other addictions like words with friends and tried to embrace the life in front of me.

But I know that wasn't the question. Back then, it wasn't an option to get wifi, so I didn't have much choice. I even tracked my calories the entire cruise. Hoping that it would re-sync when I got back on land. But it did not.

21 hours ago, crzndeb said:

I heard the internet on the Splendor is horrible.

Your best bet is to do whatever you need to do early in the morning. It seems the WiFi is much slower in the late afternoon and evening.