Has anyone done the Dubai to Mumbai itinerary?

Phillygirl3

Has anyone done this short 9 day itinerary?  I'm wondering if it is worth it since it seems so short.  I guess I could add a couple of days in Dubai, but would that be too much Dubai?  Having never done any of these ports, I'm wondering if my fellow cruise critic members can enlighten me about this particular itinerary.

Thanking you in advance for any insight that you can provide.

2 hours ago, Phillygirl3 said:

Has anyone done this short 9 day itinerary?  I'm wondering if it is worth it since it seems so short.  I guess I could add a couple of days in Dubai, but would that be too much Dubai?  Having never done any of these ports, I'm wondering if my fellow cruise critic members can enlighten me about this particular itinerary.  Thanking you in advance for any insight that you can provide.

Since you ask for "any insight", I can offer a few thoughts.  Hope they are helpful.  While we have not yet sailed to Mumbai, we just completed in December an Athens to Dubai, 20-day cruise with another line.  Super loved Muscat/Oman, plus we were able to have time to experience BOTH Dubai and Abu Dhabi.  These two UAE cities are very different, but unique and special in their own special ways.  Agree with 57 varieties that Dubai might not be for everyone.  Much depends on your personal interests and desires from travel.  On my live/blog, you can see many more details and pictures.  Below are a few visual samples as "eye candy"!!  Happy to answer any additional questions for these three cities. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

For my latest live/blog, see “the Holy Lands, Egypt, Jordan, Oman, Dubai, Greece, etc.”, with many visuals, details and ideas for the historic and scenic Middle East.  Check it at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2607054-livenautica-greece-holy-lands-egypt-dubai-terrypix’s/

Here are two views from when we finished with the Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi and the sandy beaches of Dubai.  Notice the unique modern architecture in the background for Dubai?:

176391805_CMA_03852.jpg.9069e7f6cff92de44835357b479bd31d.jpg

1346433287_CMA_05421.jpg.75fbb3900a452da8549988f935f96352.jpg

YES, in Dubai, we were able to see the Burj Al Arab.  This is the iconic hotel shaped like the sail of a traditional sailing dhow.  And we were there near sunset.:

65469384_CMA_02506.thumb.jpg.e3c806d0854afad9e2436b73e17ff8b3.jpg

Here is the view as we approached walking into the spectacular Royal Opera House Oman.  The building design and construction detailing were amazing to see as we were exploring this facility.  It was officially opened on October 12, 2011.  The Sultan is a big classical music fan and it shows.  The second picture shows its main lobby and grand staircase.  

1264482268_CMA_981013.jpg.7ca1c2228a349a067a60d25093dfadc1.jpg

709070306_CMA_97778.jpg.71504a15c5ea3c5738b41aff34e3f7e0.jpg

We finished our Muscat visit by exploring more of the nearby coastal sights and then going "upcountry" to obtain a sampling of the wilder, more desert areas. Like the camels we discovered?   Very dramatic mountains in this region. We were very pleasantly surprised by Muscat and enjoyed all that we experienced there.:

1370884601_CMA_99298.jpg.a84876952419cdce1e4aa2c7fee6ef8f.jpg

Edited by TLCOhio

We also did the Mumbai to Dubai trip last Feb on Silver Spirit...it was her last cruise before dry dock.  We LOVED the trip.  Its shorter, but thats what we always look for because we have dogs at home and cant leave for long periods of time.  All the ports were great, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.  We spent a couple days in Mumbai first which we really liked.  At the end of the cruise, we spent one day in Dubai.  We just stayed at a resort that was beautiful....we would defintley do this trip again 

We did Dubai to Cape Town on Regent and did a blog along the way. 

We had 4 nights, 3 on Regent pre cruise excursion, and one extra to get over jet lag. 

It was interesting but I don’t feel the need to go back.  We have friends who love it and would go back at every opportunity. 

Here are the 2 blogs - Dubai and the pre cruise, then our cruise to Cape Town. 

http://www.thefletchers.com.au/The_Fletchers/Dubai_2015/Dubai_2015.html

http://www.thefletchers.com.au/The_Fletchers/India_Africa_Cruise_2015/India_Africa_Cruise_2015.html