Disappointed in HAL's Flight Ease program

twodjs

19 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

I agree with you.  Also being a compulsive saver this can be hard to do!  However, often you can "improve" for not a lot more money if you watch for sales and use upgrades.

A friend told me when I retired that the biggest challenge was learning/accepting that the time had come to 'de-accumulate' savings after spending your whole life trying to 'accumulate' savings.  Try googling 'de-accumulation'.  This doesn't mean that you shouldn't spend wisely.  It means that dying with a million dollars in the bank probably isn't the wisest use of savings.

The wife and I spend all our life working long hours and saving money.  Now is the time to spend some of that and enjoy life.  That's why we fly first class and book suites.  We can afford to enjoy the finer things.

Edited by RocketMan275
  • Like 1

RocketMan275 - We agree 100%...Spending, but spending wisely is important.  That's why it was frustrating after booking this specific cruise that included $300 per person off their competitive flight cost, to find that Flight Ease increased our flight cost more than 8% over booking directly with Alaska. That $300 per person turned into less than $150 per person. Yes, I know it is some savings, but not as advertised. Sigh...

1 hour ago, twodjs said:

RocketMan275 - We agree 100%...Spending, but spending wisely is important.  That's why it was frustrating after booking this specific cruise that included $300 per person off their competitive flight cost, to find that Flight Ease increased our flight cost more than 8% over booking directly with Alaska. That $300 per person turned into less than $150 per person. Yes, I know it is some savings, but not as advertised. Sigh...

You become very cynical about cruiseline promises of savings.  Some beverage packages are advertised as x% off the normally available on-board price.  Or, cruise lines often inflate prices before a 'sale'.

1 hour ago, Kunjaqueen said:

Try American airlines Seattle to Miami. It’s ususlly cheaper than a

Alaska out of SEA and Miami is an easy trip to the port!

Only non-stop is a red eye. Can't sleep on a plane. Thanks, but that would be a dreadful start to a cruise and not worth it no matter what the savings would be.