Need to buy Drink Package on Royal Caribbean?

On 3/13/2019 at 9:46 AM, TravisP said:

Actually, you can not be a huge drinker and the drink package can be worth it. Does not take a whole lot of drinks to exceed the per day cost. Also keep in mind that it is more than just adult beverages you get with the deluxe package. Here is a spreadsheet I created to calculate if the package is a good option for you are not. 

Beverage Program Calculation.xls

Works great, for the refreshment package I used that as the package price

FYI This is what is included in the refreshment package

• Fountain soda and refills at any venue
  • Coca-Cola Freestyle beverages*
  • Coca-Cola souvenir cup
  • Non-alcoholic cocktails (mocktails)
  • Bottled still and sparkling water
  • Premium coffees and teas
  • Fresh-squeezed juices

10 minutes ago, AlanF65 said:

Works great, for the refreshment package I used that as the package price

Maybe I misunderstood what you did, if so, I apologize.  But assuming I did not, I'd point out there is a line for the refreshment package in there, and also the soda package, alter the price on those lines as appropriate to what you are going to pay.  put in the deluxe package price in it's spot, then if you select all your drinks.  it will show you what you would pay without the package, vs with the package.

It sounded to me like you entered the refreshment prices into the spot for the deluxe package cost, which won't actually give you a real comparison between getting the deluxe package vs getting the refreshment package

On 3/9/2019 at 9:45 PM, navybankerteacher said:

You really need to be a serious drinker (verging on having what might well be called a drinking problem) for a drink package to make economic sense. Do the math, count the drinks, consider the limitations (daily caps, no service to the already inebriated, port days ashore, etc.) and remember to add in the gratuities before going for it.

I resemble that remark. Thanks for the heads up. Who knew? :classic_ohmy:

31 minutes ago, Sitzmark said:

Maybe I misunderstood what you did, if so, I apologize.  But assuming I did not, I'd point out there is a line for the refreshment package in there, and also the soda package, alter the price on those lines as appropriate to what you are going to pay.  put in the deluxe package price in it's spot, then if you select all your drinks.  it will show you what you would pay without the package, vs with the package.

It sounded to me like you entered the refreshment prices into the spot for the deluxe package cost, which won't actually give you a real comparison between getting the deluxe package vs getting the refreshment package

Because the specialty drinks are included and I will have a few alcoholic beverages  I buy the refreshment package.

By entering the package cost as the refreshment cost it gives the correct calculations.

image.png.f826468e1e200b29908464442c243357.png

If I use the same entry and 0 out the package cost and move it to refreshment it combines refreshment with the included items.

image.png.626b7b2b4d39f06ed96c9a0198875825.png 

Edited by AlanF65

50 minutes ago, AlanF65 said:

Because the specialty drinks are included and I will have a few alcoholic beverages  I buy the refreshment package.

By entering the package cost as the refreshment cost it gives the correct calculations.

If I use the same entry and 0 out the package cost and move it to refreshment it combines refreshment with the included items.

I understand what you're saying, but look at the screenshot below.  When you enter the refreshment package at 11, don't enter any non alcoholic drinks, you won't be paying for them, if you enter them also you are generating an incorrect value.  In the above screen capture, you are only having 4 liquers per day among all people, correct?  If so, then this is your result.

image.thumb.png.578801c73527e33af249fdf1a3784e5f.png

the comparison shows that it would cost you $674.96 per day for 11 deluxe packages, or 253.70 for 11 refreshment packages plus the 4 liquers per day.  In your case obviously the refreshment package is the way to go, now if that is 4 liquers for each of your 11 people, then it looks like this.

image.thumb.png.babe55ffac0a2532a02b448c9c3221e4.png

You're still coming out ahead with the refreshment package.  For my comparison I used the value of 52 dollars a day for the Deluxe package.

55 minutes ago, Sitzmark said:

I understand what you're saying, but look at the screenshot below.  When you enter the refreshment package at 11, don't enter any non alcoholic drinks, you won't be paying for them, if you enter them also you are generating an incorrect value.  In the above screen capture, you are only having 4 liquers per day among all people, correct?  If so, then this is your result.

image.thumb.png.578801c73527e33af249fdf1a3784e5f.png

the comparison shows that it would cost you $674.96 per day for 11 deluxe packages, or 253.70 for 11 refreshment packages plus the 4 liquers per day.  In your case obviously the refreshment package is the way to go, now if that is 4 liquers for each of your 11 people, then it looks like this.

image.thumb.png.babe55ffac0a2532a02b448c9c3221e4.png

You're still coming out ahead with the refreshment package.  For my comparison I used the value of 52 dollars a day for the Deluxe package.

I am trying to analyze by voyage for a single person, not per day as I have to buy for 11 days so I entered 11 days of consumption of a variety of items I would consume and 11 days of package where each day is not the same consumption but the package price is the same when bought for the voyage.

I am paying Royal (already paid just running this for the exercise) 220.66 for the refreshment package with gratuities traveling solo  on a 11 night cruise.

I am trying to decide if its worth buying that or paying as I go. I don't drink enough to buy a drink package.

I will have drinks on maybe 4 at sea nights.

I will also have all the non-alcoholic beverages that are included in the package so for my the $220.66 package cost is less than the non alcoholic with a few drinks cost for an 11 night voyage.

It worked for me in the just by entering the data as a voyage, if I do it daily and 0 all the packages it gives me a consumption per day

image.png.b02f4e807a920f90ad900cda4d9bed02.png