On Allure right now and question about the BOGO dining package.

22 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Not a subjective question at all.

Giovanni's.

Hi there! We absolutely Love Giovanni’s but on Symphony it is Jamie’s Italian, is it just as good?? 

7 minutes ago, Tiggerontheseas said:

No, as has been mentioned, the Dine, Drink and Discover Promotion is the FREE perk that you automatically get when booking a Central Park or Boardwalk Balcony cabin.  Chops is apparently not included in this perk but that has no bearing on any of the dining packages that you pay for. 

We are actually in an Accessible Central Park Balcony and it states, lunch at Jamie’s or Johnny Rockets. We will probably do Jamie’s.  We did not book it as of yet, so we will have to do it when we get on ship also! 

We also have The Key so we will have lunch 1st day at Chops! Maybe I could just make sure of all my reservations at that time.

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

As has also been mentioned, the DDD promotion information is listed under the BOGO terms and conditions and states no Chops.  The terms and conditions have been posted multiple times in this thread showing no Chops.

Yes, it is listed under the 3 night dining package terms and conditions as well.  And the 5-night.   Not to worry - it is like a form letter discussing the terms and conditions of ALL the dining options.  The dining package restrictions are covered in a separate paragraph. 🙂

Online Dining reservations for your sailing will be available up until 19-Apr-2019 11:59 PM EDT. If you are within the cut-off time, you will need to make reservations onboard.

* Prices are per person unless otherwise noted and shown in CAD. All selections are subject to change. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to verify eligibility upon arrival to the activity.

**Consuming raw or undercooked meats, seafood, shellfish, eggs, milk, or poultry may increase your risk of foodborne illness, especially if you have certain medical conditions. Please inform your waiter if you have any food allergies or dietary needs. Royal Caribbean International galleys are not food allergen-free environments.

[For Cover Charge Products], Children between the ages of 0-5 are complimentary and ages 6-12 are $10 per child; children must order from the kids menu.  Please reserve product for all guests who wish to dine. Adult price will be applied for all guests regardless of age; the difference between the adult price and child price will be refunded in the form of a refundable onboard credit (unless booked with non-refundable credit, in which case OBC will be non-refundable). For Dining Packages, children ages 12 and under are excluded from offer. 

Offer is non-transferable and not combinable with Crown & Anchor discounts or any other offer or promotion. Dine, Drink, Discover promotion cannot be redeemed in Chops Grille.  Offer is subject to availability and change without notice and may be withdrawn at any time.

Advertised pricing only applies to mealtime and venue specified above.

*Specialty Dining Packages must be booked at least two days prior to boarding and may not be available for every sail date. One reservation must be used on the first or second night of the sailing. Packages include service charge and food portion only for dinner and, when available, lunch service. Beverages not included. For venues with a la carte pricing, package includes a $35 food credit. Participating venues and cover charge prices vary by ship; additional charges may apply for food selections. Not available on holiday sailings. Not valid for premium experiences including Chef's Table, wine pairings dinners, Izumi Hibachi experience and Mystery Dinner Theater. Offer provides discount off wine selections at specialty dining restaurants with the purchase of a qualifying dining package. Offer provides 40% discount off bottles of wine priced at $100 or less; 20% discount off bottles of wine priced over $100. VAT will be added to the price where applicable. Offer valid only with the purchase of 3-night, 4-night, 5-night, or Ultimate Dining Packages; other Dining Packages excluded. Terms of Royal Caribbean’s Alcohol Policy apply, including a minimum drinking age, which varies by itinerary. Offer is not transferable, not redeemable for cash, and expires on the final night of the cruise. Terms of Dining Packages apply. Offer is subject to availability and change without notice and may be withdrawn at any time. ©2017 Royal Caribbean International. Ships’ registry: Bahamas.

Children between the ages of 0-5 are complimentary and ages 6-12 are half the adult price. Please reserve product for all guests who wish to dine. Adult price will be applied for all guests regardless of age; the difference between the adult price and child price will be refunded in the form of a refundable onboard credit (unless booked with non-refundable credit, in which case OBC will be non-refundable).

Advertised discounts off beverage package, internet packages, select spa treatments apply for a limited time only and may be withdrawn at any time. Promotional Onboard Credit (Promotional OBC) may be redeemed via Cruise Planner. Promotional OBC is priced in US$ and will be automatically converted to the local currency of any cruise booking. Value of Promotional OBC in local currency will fluctuate based on currency exchange until an amenity booking is made via the pre cruise planner. Thereafter the rate of exchange will be fixed for all subsequent purchases using Promotional OBC if there remains any residual credit. Promotional OBC may be complimented with a cash payment via credit or debit card where the value of the Promotional OBC does not cover the cost of any amenities to be purchased. Any unused Promotional OBC at the date of sailing will be transferred for use on-board but will expire at 10pm on the final night of sailing. Promotional OBC cannot be exchanged for cash and no refunds will be given. Changes made to cruise bookings may invalidate/reduce Promotional OBC entitlement. Bookings benefitting from free gratuities or a free shore excursion promotional benefit rather than a Promotional OBC amount will see such benefit in Cruise Planner in the form of a Promotional OBC which will be available, should guests so choose, to utilize to purchase other amenities instead of those allocated in accordance with these terms.

19 hours ago, vettecruiser1 said:

We too we on this sailing and got the same response.  So we dined in Gioviannis both nights, after talking to the staff  they let me know I could order something off the Chops menu for night 2, since they had time to prepare for it.  I ordered the filet both nights.  I will say the Giovianni's filet is hands down a better filet, so tender.  The chef came out and spoke with us and said the Gio Filet is marinated for a couple days before cooking where as the Chops filet is not.  They also on the 2nd day brought us the shrimp app and the Red velvet cake from Chops.  They where very understanding since I think they get an ear full about the BOGO on Allure.

My husband had the fillet at Giovanni’s the first night. Our server told us the same thing about how they marinate it and that their fillet was better than Chops fillet. But to be honest, we just thought it was “good but not great”. That’s why we didn’t return the second night and chose Samba instead. The meats at Samba weren’t excellent either but the overall experience was. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2019 at 5:40 PM, Swank Pad G said:

What I am curious about is what's the difference between the BOGO Dining package and the Dine, Drink, Discover Promotion. Sounds like two separate things. Anybody know?

I have a Boardwalk Balcony room. This comes with the DDD promo which offers a complimentary lunch at Johnny's, Classic Soda package, and a Rock Climbing session.

BOGO is for a Buy One dining and get another dining at a Specialty Restaurant.

Dining packages can't be used at Chops or Chef's table (written in the fine print). A 2 dining package cost me $100 for 2 of us. A 3 night costs $178, which I am seriously considering.

On 3/11/2019 at 2:08 PM, reallyitsmema said:

I have just seen some posts on Cruise Critic.  We are on Harmony soon and I have seen that Wonderland isn't included in the BOGO.  I have never seen an official list anywhere.  We just did BOGO again on Anthem in January and got Chops and Jamie's.

I did Wonderland on Harmony with BOGO... Sounds like the rules are fluid.