Have you ever been invited to dine at the Captain's Table?

Joe_Antonelli

[quote name='idssms']Char:

But The Converse Works Meaning If You Are Invited To Dinner Chances You Will Be Invited To The Bridge.

I Was Not Addressing Your Situation Where You Just Get Invited To The Bridge.

Don[/QUOTE]
Had dinner with the Captain a few weeks ago but we were not invited to tour the bridge. All our bridge tours were not on cruises where we had an invite to the Captain's table. Actually, I wish they would come up with some different perks for the frequent cruisers! :p

I guess there is always that exception. But from my limited experiences cruising a captains invite on the first formal night was always followed by a bridge tour.

It could be the captain didnt have a bridge tour at all. But if you went to his table and he had a tour normally the invitees from that night are invited.

But come to think of it on this last Millennium Cruise I took in May there was no public bridge tour like we had on the Galaxy. Susan and I were the only ones invited twice.

It must all be up to the captain on how he wants to do it.

Novice Cruiser - Don

mY hUSBAND and I have just returned from the 14th June sailing to the baltic and after quite a few cruises with both rci and celebrity we had the invite!!
We do not know what the criteria is for being selected although we were in cc class , were captains club select members, were cruise critic members, joined in all the trivia (ostensibly to meet people BUT WINNING WAS GREAT and the prizes WOW ,)even had the luggage problem when My 87 year old Mum decided to bring the oldest kitchen knife she could find to cut her tablets up with in her suitcase.obviously she did'nt think the century had knives.
Like other contributors we welcomed and attended every invite ,elegant afternoon Tea, bridge visit,the photo ,captains cocktail parties etc and to be fair this is what brings you back ,you felt like a celebrity.Captain Pagonnis and Holli Captains Club Hostess went out of their way to make myself and my family feel like that.You do have to make the effort if you want to meet other people and joining in some of the activities really helps:)

On our recent Summit sailing in April, we were once again invited to dine with the Captain on the first formal evening. I should mention that while we were in the penthouse suite that alone didn't determine the invitation, since the other PH suite pax didn't attend. One couple was on their 43rd cruise and the others all were in suites of one sort or another. We have been told that X uses suite holders, and the highest cruising couple as first choices.

[quote name='ccletzgo']yes, on the galaxy, sept. 1999. The social hostess spent some time visiting with us on the first night of the cruise. (I assume she made the arrangements)

Lets Go!

Royal's Viking Seranade 1/94
Carnival, Holiday, CHristmas/95
Carnival, Jubilee, Christmas/96
Royal's, Song of America 11/98
Celebrity Galaxy 9/99
Royal's, Viking Seranade 6/00
Celebrity, Millennium,Christmas/00
Royal's Vision 2/02
Royal's Vision,Christmas/02
Royal's Monarch 6/03
Celebrity Galaxy 9/17/04 !![/QUOTE]

Its been a long time sense I have read this thread. Fun to read the stories. We were invited again, on the Galaxy last sept. 04. And again, it was the social hostess that put the group together. :D Now for us, we have a very special fondness for the Galaxy.

We were invited to dine at the Captain's table last July on Mercury to Alaska. It was our first Celebrity cruise. We had visited with the social director several times and it was our 25th anniversary. Our dinner was the nite before the last formal nite and we found another couple from our table had been asked also. It was their 7th cruise with Celebrity. We met the Captain's lovely fiance at our table. Started the evening with drinks in the lounge and then went down to dinner. Had a wonderful evening. Lots of wine and great steaks! It's an experience we will treasure.

[quote name='C 2 C']Just an observation.... do captain's invites go to late seating and officer's invites go to early seating?[/QUOTE]
I never noticed that the Captain's table was even used during the Main seating dinner on our last cruise. We had Main seating but were invited to dine with the Captain at Late seating. Didn't seem to make any difference as to which time you were normally dining.

Archived