Onboard clientel?

hippyman

1 hour ago, OlsSalt said:

HAL does appeal to the more self-contained traveler. Give it a try, it sounds like it could be a good match.

HAL is going off in two different directions currently - having to fill larger newer ships with routine itineraries  during the school vacation season, really- more like RT bus trips, but also continue to market their older smaller itinerary-driven ships which did generate a very loyal but often older clientele due to their longer cruises and more remote departure destinations.

Makes sense for HAL to develop these two different marketing themes since they are now going in two very different directions. Thanks for the feed back.

Well it's not mutually exclusive. If we like HAL as a family getaway I think my wife and I would be more inclined to take a longer trip on HAL just the two of us. Anyway lots of options out there now. 

1 hour ago, Palmetto Pilot said:

Well it's not mutually exclusive. If we like HAL as a family getaway I think my wife and I would be more inclined to take a longer trip on HAL just the two of us. Anyway lots of options out there now. 

DW and I like HAL just fine when its just the 2 of us.   However, when cruising with extended family and friends, we have a better time on lines like Princess or Royal Caribbean.  With the lack of options, games shows, and general fun things to do, I think its a stretch to refer to HAL as a family cruise line.

Edited by Aquahound

It will be interesting to see the clientele, I am in my mid - early really - fifties and will be traveling with a lady that is 80 and a couple that will both be turning 75 on the cruise or just before.  My first HAL cruise but so looking forward to it!

On 3/17/2019 at 4:47 PM, Palmetto Pilot said:

I have heard the kids programs are outstanding. 

They are.  One of the best kept secrets about HAL.  My friend who has cruised several lines and my sister both say HAL has the best childrens’ clubs at sea.

• Like 1

I was on the Eurodam this winter and was amazed at how many younger families were onboard.  The Club HAL staff said they had about 100 children and the holidays were long over.  It was definitely a mixed age demographic and we loved the different vibe that created.  We did back to back 7 day cruises so I am sure that is what attributed to the younger age group as 7 day cruises do attract a younger group.  We tend to do much longer cruises so this was new for us.