Docking in Bermuda?

sc4125

I will be sailing on the Breeze to Bermuda in September.  I haven't been to Bermuda since I worked on the Mardi Gras (the old one - lol) back in the 80's.  At that time you had to tender into Georgetown.  Is that still the case, or do they now have docks that can handle the Breeze?  Looking forward to the trip either way and the Breeze is my favorite - so happy she's back in Florida.  I was just curious about docking vs. tendering. 

2 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

The Breeze will dock at the Royal Navy Dockyard where just about all ships that call there dock. Only the very small ships can dock in Hamilton or St. Georges. :classic_cool:

True enough, have only seen smaller HAL ships and Azamara dock in Hamilton, but it would be cool.  

24 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

True enough, have only seen smaller HAL ships and Azamara dock in Hamilton, but it would be cool.  

The first time we sailed there on Celebrity's Zenith we docked both in Hamilton and St. Georges. For comparison for the Carnival lovers out there, that ship was the same size as the Holiday, Jubilee, and Celebration. Sailing thru the Town Cut in and out of St. Georges was quite a sight as the ship barely fit thru there. :classic_cool:

Z131-X2.jpg

Z133-X2.jpg

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

The first time we sailed there on Celebrity's Zenith we docked both in Hamilton and St. Georges. For comparison for the Carnival lovers out there, that ship was the same size as the Holiday, Jubilee, and Celebration. Sailing thru the Town Cut in and out of St. Georges was quite a sight as the ship barely fit thru there. :classic_cool:

Z131-X2.jpg

Z133-X2.jpg

Nice pics Jeff!  We have done land base trips to Bermuda and you kind of forget about the downtown dock.  We were walking around and came around the corner and WHOA cruise ship 100 yards away, def a unique cruise experience.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mets123 said:

The ships are just too big to fit any more.

Yes, the vast majority are, but there are still a few that can.  That said, not sure how the Bermudian government feels about downtown docking.  Only semi related, Bermuda is one of only two places I know of where you pre clear US customs when flying out of there (Ireland is the other).