4 in a retreat cabana?

Fredric22

We have a regular retreat cabana booked on the Nieuw Statendam. We are two people staying in a cabin.  We are traveling with another couple in a different cabin. Are they allowed to join us in our cabana? I thought I read that you can have up to 4 in a cabana but I wasn't sure if they had to all be staying in the same cabin.  

Just now, Fredric22 said:

We have a regular retreat cabana booked on the Nieuw Statendam. We are two people staying in a cabin.  We are traveling with another couple in a different cabin. Are they allowed to join us in our cabana? I thought I read that you can have up to 4 in a cabana but I wasn't sure if they had to all be staying in the same cabin.  

Unless you've booked a family cabana, you can only have two persons in your cabana.  Family cabanas serve 4 persons, but from other passengers' experiences on NS, the family cabanas are SMALL compared to the other ships'.  Your friends need to book their own cabana, and you can request that your two cabanas be side-by-side.  How many passengers can be in a cabana has nothing to do with how many passengers are booked into a cabin.  Totally separate.  Hope this helps.

8 minutes ago, sevenseasnomad said:

Unless you've booked a family cabana, you can only have two persons in your cabana.  Family cabanas serve 4 persons, but from other passengers' experiences on NS, the family cabanas are SMALL compared to the other ships'.  Your friends need to book their own cabana, and you can request that your two cabanas be side-by-side.  How many passengers can be in a cabana has nothing to do with how many passengers are booked into a cabin.  Totally separate.  Hope this helps.

Exactly the right answer. Very easy (if done in advance) to book side by side cabanas. We have been on cabanas on 6 ships, none would be particularly comfortable with 4 in them, although it could be doable on some ships. But standard cabanas are for 2, and it is enforced.

• 1 month later...