Eurodam balcony classifications (VF, VH, VE, and VD)

andreah100

For the Eurodam, I've been trying to decipher, but seem to be getting conflicting info so hopefully someone can help me a bit.

All these levels (VF, VH, VE, and VD) appear to be guarantee cabins. From there, I know that VF can give one of the steel railing balconies, so we are going to avoid booking those. What are the differences between VH, VE, and VD? I see that VH is only the Upper Promenade. VE could be Upper Promenade, Rotterdam, or Navigation deck. And VD could be Upper Verandah or Rotterdam.

I've read that some have deeper balconies, but I'm uncertain as to which (and is that true of all the decks...say VD has the deeper decks - is that both Upper Verandah and Rotterdam???) and I thought that I read somewhere that some of the classes could have a partial obstruction by a lifeboat, which we hope to avoid also, so could anyone clarify which class that is?

We are working with a tighter budget, but want to make the best choice...I would hate to economize not knowing what the difference is and then regret it once we are on our cruise.

Thank you for any help/insights.

You can usually book any cabin specifically.  No one category is only GUAR.

Deck 4 has the deeper balconies. And some of the aft facing balconies are different sizes.

Differences normally between any balcony category (VA, VB, etc) is location.

Obstructed view balconies (solid steel) are VF and VE sometimes, although there are some regular VFs and most VEs are too.  Deck 5 balconies midship have the top of the lifeboats at the bottom of the balconies.

You need to take a very slow and careful look at each deck one by one and pay attention to the colours which I find the easiest way to see what is where.  HAL's site is very good for this.  It takes some time to get used to it and find your way around.

Edited by SilvertoGold

We like a VE cabin on deck 8...Navigation deck by the forward elevators.  It is under the spa and beauty salon and convenient to the lido pool and restaurant.  We did not hear any elevator noise.  Have a great cruise.

5 hours ago, 78232 said:

We like a VE cabin on deck 8...Navigation deck by the forward elevators.  It is under the spa and beauty salon and convenient to the lido pool and restaurant.  We did not hear any elevator noise.  Have a great cruise.

Just be aware that the VF and some VE cabins on deck 8 are under the aft pool and you can hear the noise of the chairs scrapping in your cabin.  On the Westerdam you had to be careful while at the rail of your balcony that people didn't drop things on you from above.   

Utahtea

Thank you for the extra help. We are going with the VD category (what an unfortunate naming for that level) - we will still have a guarantee room rather than being able to select our room, but we felt that we had the best chance of getting what we wanted by being on the Upper Verandah or Rotterdam deck.