Free Drink Package for 2 in room-what about 3rd person?

PandaBear62

My mom and I booked a cruise under the Explore 4 and received the free drink package. Recently, we added my sister as a third person to the room. Will she have to purchase the drink package? She'd like to just buy the soda package and pay for any drinks she has (she's not a big drinker)

Has anyone experienced this scenario?

Thanks.

2017 & 2018 We booked Under the explore 4 we recived free drink package for the 1st & 2nd & did not  purchase for the 3rd all over 21 it just says no sharing. Just booked under Book Early & Save pa:ckage for 2020 they didnt request that we purchase for the 3 rd person in the cabin so i dont belive its a new rule. I do know Carnival Cruise lines requires.

Edited by midwest 852
  • Like 1

We have the Explore 4 SBP on out Alaska cruise and our 10 year old grandson is the 3rd person in our cabin and HAL did not require us to add him under any non alcohol drink package. Not sure about what happens is all in the cabin are over 21.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2019 at 9:08 AM, terrydtx said:

We have the Explore 4 SBP on out Alaska cruise and our 10 year old grandson is the 3rd person in our cabin and HAL did not require us to add him under any non alcohol drink package. Not sure about what happens is all in the cabin are over 21.

I am just returning from a cruise on the Nieuw Statendam, my SIL and brother had the Explorer 4 SBP and my sister (over 21) in the same stateroom did not have the package.  Nothing was said to them and my sister just ordered drinks whenever she wanted one, as she is not a big drinker.  

• Like 1