Which nights are formal?

Caravan 37

We’re sailing on Britannia from Southampton with first 3 days at sea. We’ve booked Limelight for 3rd evening which is day 2 of 3 at sea. Is this likely to be formal night? I’d rather not miss MDR on a formal night and I know Limelight is casual every night regardless.

thanks

Agree the first formal will be the 2nd evening onboard (has been on every cruise I have done) Last formal is usually the penultimate  sea day , never the last night (unless you are on a 2 nigh cruise), Any other are usually slotted in on sea days. I have know them move formal nights if its very bumpy weather.

44 minutes ago, Caravan 37 said:

We’re sailing on Britannia from Southampton with first 3 days at sea. We’ve booked Limelight for 3rd evening which is day 2 of 3 at sea. Is this likely to be formal night? I’d rather not miss MDR on a formal night and I know Limelight is casual every night regardless.

thanks

They take the weather onto consideration. Of late i have had 1 2 or 3. The most popular now seems to be 2 nights in when you have 3 full sea days.

I guess you are on the TA. We have usually had the first formal on the first sea day but once the weather was a little rough and the Captains Gala party was held over until the second sea day. This has only happened to us on that one occasion in 6 TAs and that was on Ventura. See you on board

7 hours ago, sueandphil said:

I guess you are on the TA. We have usually had the first formal on the first sea day but once the weather was a little rough and the Captains Gala party was held over until the second sea day. This has only happened to us on that one occasion in 6 TAs and that was on Ventura. See you on board

No Canaries - have a good cruise!