number of ships in port question

BBigfoot613

I originally was going to ask how to figure out how many ships are in a given port at one time but thanks to figuring out the search feature (I think) I found that info. The problem I came across is seeing EIGHT ships in one port. How do they handle this?? I know there will be a ton of people at that port now but curious where they put all of the ships. Do they tender some and dock others? Oh the port is Cozumel dec 23rd

On December 23rd there will be 6 ships there. Breeze, Valor, Vista, Infinity, Fantasy (Disney), MSC Opera. (I use another website that has always seemed more accurate to me, and easier to read). 

But to answer your question, 8 ships typically dock in Cozumel daily, according to cruisehive.

7 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

On December 23rd there will be 6 ships there. Breeze, Valor, Vista, Infinity, Fantasy (Disney), MSC Opera. (I use another website that has always seemed more accurate to me, and easier to read). 

But to answer your question, 8 ships typically dock in Cozumel daily, according to cruisehive.

the site I used had the opera listed a couple times. I wasn't sure if it was a glitch or what lol. There's enough room for 8 ships? It's been a long time since I have been there...

There are three piers in Cozumel. Puerta Maya, International Pier (right next door to PM), and Punta Longosta which is downtown. We've been in Coz with as many as six ships and it never felt crowded. 

We just experienced this two weeks ago. The Vista, Magic, and dream were docked next to each other. On the other side of the Magic were two royal Caribbean ships docked next to each other. When we came in there were two ships docked downtown. 

1 hour ago, Lem_On_Ade said:

There will be 9 ships in Cozumel when I am there next year. Wish I had realized that before I booked but it will be ok, just have to make reservations for excursions a little sooner than I normally would.

That was EXACTLY what I thought. I don't recall which 6 ships are going to be there and have no clue how many they hold. I figure worst case scenario (largest ship possible x 6) and then picked up my jaw lol. With this being a surprise cruise for my kids I can't get any input from them. Luckily they are more than happy with all beach days so likely Nachi or that sanchos place...

Edited by BBigfoot613

We don't cruise during the holidays anymore (too many kids) but on our last Christmas cruise about 7 years ago there were 10 ships in Cozumel and it was a nightmare. We had been there many times and weren't going to take any excursions but wanted to take a taxi downtown to eat lunch at one of our favorite alfresco restaurants. It took forever to get a taxi at the port and downtown was so crowded. It wasn't enjoyable waiting for a table or shopping in the little shops around the main square. The other W. Caribbean ports were also crowded. We decided then to never cruise during the holidays again - we had done it several times because of holiday days off from work we didn't need to use much vacation. We are now retired and can cruise whenever we want to so we avoid the Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year's/February Recess holidays and spring break season. Our ships are full, but there might be 2 or 3 other ships in Cozumel, not 10!