QM2 Labor Day Cruise

planetcadillac

I'm glad this thread was reactivated. Can anyone give me some ideas about the evening dress guide? This will be a short cruise but will there be designated formal, dressy & casual nights as there are on other cruise lines? (If I already asked forgive me--thread is old & we have several cruises booked at this point into 2008.) The brochure from Cunard is not very helpful in this regard.

I'm glad this thread was reactivated. Can anyone give me some ideas about the evening dress guide? This will be a short cruise but will there be designated formal, dressy & casual nights as there are on other cruise lines? (If I already asked forgive me--thread is old & we have several cruises booked at this point into 2008.) The brochure from Cunard is not very helpful in this regard.

Don't believe everything Cunard tells you in any form. (docs, brochure, or telephone- they will likely all be different!) You will NEVER appear TOO dressy. Count on two formals, two informal or casual. If it turns out to be less formal you will have lost nothing, and looked good in the process.

Karie, who will be dressed to the nines- maybe the tens! As she doesn't often get the opportunity. If someone does not like my attire, they do not have to look! (And I promise not to titter at their tacky clothing in return!) <G>

P.S. I haven't packed yet! :eek: And it's only 3 months away! !!!:eek::eek:

P.S. I haven't packed yet! :eek: And it's only 3 months away! !!!:eek::eek:

Karie, Not packed yet? I had visions of you (I'm sure men who've met you think that you're a vision, but I digress) surrounded by fully packed steamer trunks, suit cases, hat boxes and jewel cases since the day you booked!

And me? (who's on QM2 just after you). Hell, I packed EVERYTHING in a mad whirl MONTHS ago and now can't find the cat or the wife (and I really miss the cat).

Got to go now, got to find the source of that knocking sound......

• 2 weeks later...

Bringing this thread to the top, so we can get a good idea of how many of us there will be!

Give us your first names so we know who you are, if you haven't already!

(Cabin number helps too, but I must tell you, if you call in right now, they are giving complimentary upgrades all the way to B1 in some cases. So call!)

Karie,

who has been upgraded twice already!

Thanks for the tip about a possible upgrade. We made our final payment & our TA apparently never inquired about that. Wish we checked sooner--we have an atrium room D-1 (an inside with a window to nowhere!) We missed the business hrs today so will try to see what they are offering tommorrow.

Is a hull balcony a nice room--that's what B-1 is listed as. We took our cabin on the theory that this was a short trip & have no idea what to expect on this ship. Thanks for the tips about dressing--I thought it would be a bit more formal than Celebrity. We are Sal & HCAT--for now in a D-1. We are looking forward to meeting everyone. Will we be getting together for a sailaway toast? On our past Celeb & Royal trips we usually do something right after the life boat drill......

Hi Sal7202,

Yes we are planning to get together. We just haven't set up where and when yet.:o

I am asking anyone who is going on the Labor Day cruise to post their names and cabin numbers so I may make a list and hopefully do name tags. If anyone is uncomfortable using these boards to give this information, you can email me at the above address.;)

Thanks and welcome aboard:D

Maria

OK all you Labor Day cruisers - we have our own thread on the Roll Call Forum.

It is

boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72

Scroll down to QM2 Sept. 2, 2006 - that is our thread.

Maria:)

Add your name and anyone traveling with you, plus your screen name and your cabin number so we can find you. If you don'[t feel comfortable sharing any or all of that information, either contact Maria (at the email addy she uses for her screen name) or me at parrothead-av8r AT mindspring DOT com.

You know how to format an email address with the AT and the DOT, I am sure. If you don't want your full name or cabin number up there for whatever reason, tell us- but it would be nice if you gave it to one of us- that way if we miss you at a gathering and want to get intouch, we can leave a message for you on the telephone or leave a note for you with the pursor.

I put our names in blue font (pres the giant "A" above the writing space. a drop down box will give you little blocks of color. Either first highlight the already typed words you want in that color, then click the color box, or click the box first, then just start typing and everything from that point will be typed in that color unless you click back to black or whatever it was originlly. I usually use red and blue as they show up well.) and the font size of 4 (again, the 2 next to the font name is the size- press on the two and you are given a choice of font sizes.) The font name currently in this post as deefault is Verdana. I leave the font alone for this, but now you know where to find it if you ever want to change it. Of course the B I and U stand for BOLD , Italics, and Underlined. Just press each button to toggle on or off.

Now you know!

So go one over there and check in! Each time somoene posts to it, it brings it up to the top of that thread. Maria or I will go over occasionally to line everybody's name up on one of the last posts.

See ya over there!

Karie,

Who wants to make sure she meets ALL of the wonderful people from cc! It was a blast last time and I am still kicking myself that NONE of us thought to take a picture! <DOH!) Must be the Homer in me! (I even had my camera with me!) Someone will kick me in the shins this time and remind me through my mojito stupor! <G>

Sorry but I am confused by the above instructions --isn't this our thread? If not, could you type a link so we can get to wherever you want us to be. We were excited to receive our Voyage Info. booklet today along with guest registration forms. Hope we can do it on line like with Celeb but if not, I see it must be submitted 50 days ahead of the trip.

Can anyone tell me how they handle getting off at the port. Will this ship dock in Halifax or tender? What is the procedure they follow in letting everyone off the ship? We are not planning to take an excursion ,having been to Halifax before, but wonder if that will affect the time we actually are able to leave the vessel.

We did not put in for any upgrade as we wanted to be midships & there was no certainty associated with requesting an upgrade. So we are in 6147.

Hi HCAT - This thread is a general thread for all questions, comments and opinions for all Cunard ships and cruises.

There is a seperate forum for Roll Calls for individual cruises that we can use just to discuss our own Labor Day cruise.

Just type the following (I don't know how to do a link)

Boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72

this brings you to the Roll Call threads and just scroll down to QM2 Sept. 2, 2006.

Thanks for the cabin #. I am in the process of making up our cc list. What name should I put next to HCAT?

Maria - who hopes this info helps:)

Maria....thanks for the really nice invite...you make it VERY tempting but I can't...bummer. First I have to pay the Dec balance for us in Sept and second I'm supposed to be in NY state later in the month for a reunion. But you and Karie are making it hard on me for sure!!

If you want to post the link for something , just go up in your browser to the address line, highlight it then cut and paste it in the post. Works like a charm.

Cheers, Penny

Hi Penny,

Sorry it has taken me a couple of days to respond. Thank you for the cut and paste advice. I will try it another time.;)

Did you notice the posts by the rude person were erased? Thank you to whatever cc host or hostess took care of that.

Well, I sure wish your scheduled permitted you to come on the 9/2 - 9/6 cruise. The cabin is already paid for, so no worries there, but I understand your delema. Where in New York state will you be? Is it anywhere near New York City or Brooklyn? If it is, we could still try for Coney Island.

By the way, one of my friends from Fire Island did give me a few web sites to check out for the decorative head jewels and another is actually sure he can find them and deliver them to me. Can't wait to see what he comes up with. I also have a wardrobe of wigs from the productions I have been in. They are in every color from platinum blonde to brown. Oh well, so few days to cruise and so many head options.

Oh, before I forget, thank you again for the roll call info. So far only Karie and Johnsy81 have posted on our thread. Meanwhile, your thread for December is going like gangbusters! Congratulations!

Maria - who is now preparing for Mondays chemo. That will be three done and three to go. :p

Maria,,,couldn't find this post and I wanted to reply to wish you well on Monday with your chemo...piece of cake girl, you can do it. Think pleasant thoughts and visualize special places. This too shall pass.

And thanks for the Coney island offer...sounds like such fun. Would you pull a brass ring off like my Pop did so I could have another carousel ride? I'm supposed to be in Hudson, upriver where I grew up sometime in mid Sept but I've lost the date. Not likely I'd be near the city but you're sweet to offer.

Ok, when you get those head jewels we expect a photo!!

Take care on Monday...I'll hold good thoughts for you to breeze through it. Cheers, Penny

Hey Penny,

Thanks so much for your good thoughts. I actually feel them.

As for pictures. I am having my neighbor take my picture with no hair.

Then he is going to show me how to post it with a picture of me from the Jan cruise with red hair. (that I had changed from blond on the cruise)

As for the jewels. not only is my friend Mike shopping for them, he is coming over to show me how to put them on! I just love Mike, he mascaras his gaotee to cover the gray. He also talks faster than an auctioneer. Whenever Mike visits me with his partner Bill, I am constantly turning to Bill like this:confused: as in "what did he say". Lord love Bill, he always has a translation.

Cheers and Pats to Bear from me and my Lily

Maria

Maria--hope all is going well--I think I have two links for this trip--seems like a diff one at work than at home..Sal will have to straighten me out on this...We are really looking foward to the trip--even if it is a short one. Have been looking at the spa offerings. Although there have been some harsh reviews of Canyon Ranch on QM2 I want to try it for myself--will have to decide between a massage or facial since the cruise is short. Also think the planetarium will be a must do....I think I will try to find the other link.....& get this sorted out

Hi Hcat,

Glad you located the link. I am going to post our cc list of names on that link tonight.

As far as the spa is concerned, I did not use their services. But I did use the Salon three times and loved it. (Of course this time around I will not have hair, so I guess I will spend the money on Martinis:p )

Maria - who will see you on the Sept. 2, 2006 thread

• 3 weeks later...

I talked Cunard today and they told me more shore excusions were being added to the Labor cruise. They would tell me what they were. Does anyone know or have heard of anything.

see you there

David and Dave will be on this voyage. I wasin Halifax in Aug 2000 on the Rembrandt. It is a great city and very walkeable. The Citadel, maritime museum and Victoria Park are very distinctive. My QM2 voyage of 2004 was quite nice despite gaps in restaurant and bar service.

David

I will be on this cruise. We have been to Halifax before and loved it. I am renting a car and my wife has already made her spa appointment. Should be fun. Haven't decided what we will see yet,,,

Hello Csperry,

Welcome!:D

Have not received any new information on tours, but am listening to our fellow experienced cruisers. Also have not made a decision on what tour I will be taking.:confused:

Please go to the thread posted by Nuecruiser about QM2s ship lenght. I posted our roll call thread there and also our planned CC Meet and Greet information.:)

Maria

I'm on ... for the better and the worse.

Was on the July 4th trip. Tend to agree with ALL the posts about it; it was what it was.

If anyone is interested in what to expect this Labor Day, I suggest you read through the two threads about the 03 July trip ... we may be in for many of the same experiences. :eek:

I'm on ... for the better and the worse.

Was on the July 4th trip. Tend to agree with ALL the posts about it; it was what it was.

If anyone is interested in what to expect this Labor Day, I suggest you read through the two threads about the 03 July trip ... we may be in for many of the same experiences. :eek:

You are right Ab Ovo,

Booking a cruise is sort of like marraige. You don't know how things will turn out until you have lived it.:confused:

Dispite the negatives, as posted by the July 3rd cruises, I fully intend to make the most out of our short little jaunt.:D

After months of chemo and anticipating 6 weeks of radiation when we return, I am going for the fun of meeting face to face the wonderful people from these threads. :)

It is great that you will be joining us! Please come over to the Roll Call thread. We have quite a group!

Smiles,

Maria

Good On You, Maria ... and thanks. Keep on keeping on!

July 4th was much more fun than the negatives would suggest. I am sure this Labor Day trip will be more fun than not. There may even be some fun folk on who were on for the 4th.

(Well, this bunch, or any like it, from the July 4th trip, snapping fingers at the Tea waitress for attention and clanging on a plate with a spoon for same, were NOT fun! None would want them on, but what can you do? :eek: )

Brightwaters ... and all, looking forward! :)

Archived