Girdwood to Seward transport options

prish

We’re doing a pre-cruise land tour to Denali and Girdwood, ending at Seward for a couple of days before boarding our cruise. We pick up and return our rental car in Anchorage as the one way rental was exorbitant, we also don’t really need a vehicle in Seward.

We’re an extended family group of five, two will go to Anchorage to return the car, then take the bus to Seward. The other three, including my 82 year old mom, need to get directly from Girdwood to Seward. 

What would be the best and most comfortable way to do this? I know there’s a train, is there a bus too? Any car rental available in Girdwood, was even considering a one day one way rental if the price was reasonable. 

Please let me know what you suggest, as always I look forward to your suggestions. So many of you have helped with my planning over the past 4-5 months, thank you for giving so generously of your time and knowledge 😊

35 minutes ago, Suzanne123 said:

Also, you can write to the concierge at Mt. Alyeska.  He was very helpful arranging our transportation to Girdwood after the cruise and touring in the area without a car.

Thanks a ton Suzanne, lots of useful information in your link! Will email the concierge at Mt Alyeska for suggestions and fares. Thanks again!

I understand that one-way drop off fees are high, but when you compare the transfer fees for 5 people vs a one-day Hertz rental car to Seward,  is  it THAT much more ?

Another option to check for price is PJS taxi in Seward.  They regularly do tour/transfers between Anchorage and Seward.  https://www.pjstaxi.net/

27 minutes ago, mapleleaves said:

I understand that one-way drop off fees are high, but when you compare the transfer fees for 5 people vs a one-day Hertz rental car to Seward,  is  it THAT much more ?

Another option to check for price is PJS taxi in Seward.  They regularly do tour/transfers between Anchorage and Seward.  https://www.pjstaxi.net/

That’s what I thought mapleleaves, one day rental with one way drop off fees may not be that much higher than the cost of bus/train tickets...

Will also check out PJS Taxi, thanks for the tip.

I contacted PJSTaxi and Renee got back with a quote of $400 for a large van, we can stop en route to sightsee also.

Am going to check prices of bus tickets before taking a call. My only consideration is that we will be just three of us, the other two will return our rental car at Anchorage and take the bus down to Seward...